Respected Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 10/1

6A6B77E6-C2D1-4EF6-AB3C-8935AF27EAE4.jpeg

Only thing I see on Amazon is a VHS tape, and one other "info" booklet on VJ cosmetics. Thing of the past. But it was quality cream foundation and powder...loved it. Oh well. I actually, STILL have a brand new powder compact been stashed away for years, as I moved onto LG B&B years ago.

I'll still use it sometime; I don't think that really goes bad. But it was the cream foundation I loved best. Again, not that I use foundation daily...but it was great for evening out areas of darkness or imperfections. Great consistency, smooth application, good coverage and lasting power, and yet lightweight feel on.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used up:

-a 4 oz. bottle of Pacifica Coconut Essence Hydro Mist.  I love the light coconut scent, and the sprayer is so nice.  Such a fine mist.  It's not a setting spray, but I used it like one after I powdered my face.

-a mini of Better Than Sex mascara.  I think this is a decent mascara, but it's not the best I've used.  There was a little bit of flaking, particularly as it got to the end of its life, but it wasn't too bad.  This isn't my "holy grail" mascara though.

-a deluxe sample of Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protector Lotion, SPF 50+.  This was pretty nice, but I did have to blot my face before applying my makeup because of how oily it left my skin.  I don't think I will be purchasing a full size, but it was okay.

I hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather (it's cooler here, anyway).

This squirrel eating a donut at my University!: aww

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

Just one thing for me:

Neutrogena HydroBoost Whipped Body Cream, the big tube. This is nice, sinks in fast and is super hydrating!

Already replaced!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,   I used up one tube of Kylie Skin Coconut body lotion.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties,

This week I finished a Perlier Black Rice Hylauronic Acid. I like it but I'm not sure I need to purchase it right now because I have some other similar products that need to be finished off first.

Beekman 1802 anti perspiration. I like it and have another to use.  1 tube lasted me almost a full year, which I found amazing. The problem is when I went back to work I didn't feel confident using this product because I only used this during the pandemic when I was indoors. I didn't want to experiment. I was afraid to use it in the heat.

Tres Semme hairspray. I like this always have one in. Recently I've been using Calista.

Tatcha 1oz. Camelia cleansing oil. I refill this from my supersize Tatcha regularly. Love this.

Thats it for me. Enjoy the weekend friends!

Esteemed Contributor

DHC Face Wash Powder; Mario Badescu Olive Eye Cream, Mario Badescu Chamomille Eye Cream; Beekman Snow Forest soap (Sob); Mented Foundation Stick. 

Trusted Contributor

Used up:

Fresh Seaberry Omega-Rich Body Cream - I've been using this for years and really enjoy it. The consistency and scent gets me every time.  Replaced with the same.

Clinique Lash Power mascara - This is a budge-proof mascara for me. It works when other waterproof mascaras don't. I replaced it with Clinique's other tubing mascara, High Impact Curling mascara.

I've gotten into a good groove with a lot of my makeup and skincare. Loving a lot of what I have now. And I also hit pan on an eyeshadow this week!

Respected Contributor

@amyb - I used a cream compact foundation for years, specifically Covergirl Aquasmooth. I really liked it I would stray from time to time and try something else but I'd always go back to the Covergirl.

I just stopped using it last year when I had to start wearing a mask to work every day, I found that it just transferred too much, so I've gone back to powder foundation. I've been using EveryDay Minerals or J Cat. The powder is ok, but I still prefer a cream, especially in the winter as I have dry skin.

Thanks to your reminder, I did a little looking around and found that Covergirl also makes a cream compact foundation in the Outlast Collection and it is really inexpensive. Maybe I will give that a try and see if it wears better. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Happy weekend beauties1

I used up:

J Cat Aquasurance Compact Powder Foundation in Ivory- this is a fine foundation, not awful, not spectacular, but it worked pretty well. I switched back to powder when I had to start wearing a mask at work every day, it seemed to wear a bit better than the cream I was using. I got it at Ulta on sale so it was cheap. I have another one here (so it can't be too bad if I repurchased it) but replaced it with an Every Day Minerals loose powder foundation that I had here. I like that one too, it's just messier being loose rather than pressed powder. 

Suave Almond and Shea Butter Shampoo 28oz- This is my every day go-to shampoo and I replaced it with the same, only a smaller container, I think 12oz. I am almost done with the matching conditioner.

That's it for me, have a great weekend!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Beauties,

Checking in to see what you all liked and didn't like.  I didn't use up any product this week.  Next week should be a different story though.

Have a nice weekend.