Trusted Contributor

Re: What Kind of Exfoliating Product Do You Use?

I use Solvere acne clearing pads, which contain glycolic and salicylic acid. I get them at Dermstore. I have tried Tatcha rice powder and love it, but it's too pricey for my budget.

In the past, I have used Oil of Olay pore minimizer (think that's what it's called) and also really liked it. Don't know why I stopped using it. Need to pick up more!

Valued Contributor

I use an at home glycolic peel once every four to six weeks. This works best for me as it is a time saver. I am also finishing up a PTR peel that came as a part of a tsv a long time ago, but I'm using it on my hands and feet.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/15/2015 jaxs mom said:

I just use a two sided wash cloth, microfiber on one side and muslin on the other. The muslin really does a good job for me.

Hello jaxs mom,

I used to use ONLY exfoliators for sensitive skin, now I use nothing more than a plain cotton washcloth. I have heard of some posters who do use the microfiber cloth or the Salux cloth (Japan).........
I have not heard or seen a two sided -with muslin on one side, unless I would make it myself. I slowly but surely had gotten away from the (sample)micro beads in Phil. and also the sample of "Exfolikate";both, the samples were from the beauty bag from over two years ago.

Interesting information, though. Since the muslin sided cloth did a {good] exfoliate, wondering if this particular product two sided cloth is sold from a particular source?

I could buy some muslin cloth and give it a try. {Just curious}. My facial skin can be easily irritated, now, using any of the peels or rough grains that everyone seem to be promoting. There is one company's skin line that I do use but it is ordered from another country. Checking to research if 'that company' even suggests any type of properties [THEY] use in skincare. As always: I have said, " I am extremely very kind to my skin and will not try 95% of anything new"- (for me).

Thank you in advance.

_Naes

Respected Contributor

Before you buy anything, try baking soda mixed with whatever cleanser you use. It works well for me, very gentle.

Super Contributor

I have really sensitive skin and my new favorite is AmorePacific enzyme peel. It's a fine powder with enzymes, but very gentle, no burning or stinging.

Honored Contributor

Dr. Denese and then Hydroshield.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/15/2015 happygal said:

Before you buy anything, try baking soda mixed with whatever cleanser you use. It works well for me, very gentle.

.......thank you happygal,

I have heard of this! It was last summer and I do remember that over ten women used baking soda at least twice a week, for years. Someone mentioned powdered aspirin (for inflammation) but I would never recommend any form of asprin until they knew [it] to be safe; the body absorbs many ingredients, and I include countless parabens. I've not tried soda. Thank you for the reminder. I stay away from anything course that could break down the skin's surface. Soda: the same principle-or close.
My skin is very normal and quite (Ph) balanced. No taking chances here. _Naes

Honored Contributor

On 3/15/2015 _Not an easy sale said:
On 3/15/2015 jaxs mom said:

I just use a two sided wash cloth, microfiber on one side and muslin on the other. The muslin really does a good job for me.

Hello jaxs mom,

I used to use ONLY exfoliators for sensitive skin, now I use nothing more than a plain cotton washcloth. I have heard of some posters who do use the microfiber cloth or the Salux cloth (Japan).........
I have not heard or seen a two sided -with muslin on one side, unless I would make it myself. I slowly but surely had gotten away from the (sample)micro beads in Phil. and also the sample of "Exfolikate";both, the samples were from the beauty bag from over two years ago.

Interesting information, though. Since the muslin sided cloth did a {good] exfoliate, wondering if this particular product two sided cloth is sold from a particular source?

I could buy some muslin cloth and give it a try. {Just curious}. My facial skin can be easily irritated, now, using any of the peels or rough grains that everyone seem to be promoting. There is one company's skin line that I do use but it is ordered from another country. Checking to research if 'that company' even suggests any type of properties [THEY] use in skincare. As always: I have said, " I am extremely very kind to my skin and will not try 95% of anything new"- (for me).

Thank you in advance.

_Naes

Josie maran makes the two sided cloth, NAES. I use to get them too but find I always use the muslin side so now I just buy that and cheaper too. OP, I only use BHA for exfoliation and muslin cloth. Nothing else. Gentle and effective.
Super Contributor

On 3/15/2015 betteb said:
On 3/15/2015 duclane said:

St. Ives Apricot Scrub- for face and body found at drug stores and supermarkets etc. It's great. Love their body lotions too.

Not trying to tell you what to like, but I have heard more than once not to use anything with ground seeds or shells on your face. They are too sharp and cause micro cuts on the skin surface. This product has ground walnut shells.

I agree. Most companies that make physical exfoliants no longer use these, rather, they have moved with the research and now primaily use round shaped beads. I use AHA and BHA and maybe once every 3 or 4 months I will do an enzyme peel.

Super Contributor

Soap and water and bath gloves ... entire body.