Honored Contributor

What Is Your Most Recent Product or Item Change In Your Basic Makeup?

I have absolutely loved Mally's origonal eyeliner pencils that had the black powder you applied over them.  I wore it until I had to order sets from amazon!  Then I found out the single pencil worked.

A friend sent me some gel liners from Laura Geller.  I'm in love!

I'm also getting better brows from Mally A275649.  I had used a Clinique brow powder I had to fight with!

Mally Believable Brows Shaping & Sculpting System w/ Brush - A275649

Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Your Most Recent Product or Item Change In Your Basic Makeup?

I stopped with the black eyeliner. Yesterday I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror and realized all it does is accentuate my deep blue circles under my eyes. I have been sick and it really is showing. No amount of concealer can hide it..

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG, my mascara. 

I have tried $3 mascaras, drugstore, higher end, the brands offered by QVC and HSN.  I have found nothing that I wanted to keep using.

Then I got a sample of Le Volume De Chanel (waterproof).  I liked it well enough that I treated myself to a tube.  Now I'm on the the replinish program!

I've been a big believer in that you don't need to spend a lot of money to have great products...and I was actually very mixed about loving this mascara so much because of that. 

But this makes my pathetic lashes look naturally fuller, longer and keeps the curl.  And I can easily get 3+ months out of a tube without the formula drying out.  Oh, and no caking or clumping.  So for me it's worth the price tag because the never ending cycle of trying a new mascara too often is finally over.

Honored Contributor

@kzjohnson wrote:

@ECBG, my mascara. 

I have tried $3 mascaras, drugstore, higher end, the brands offered by QVC and HSN.  I have found nothing that I wanted to keep using.

Then I got a sample of Le Volume De Chanel (waterproof).  I liked it well enough that I treated myself to a tube.  Now I'm on the the replinish program!

I've been a big believer in that you don't need to spend a lot of money to have great products...and I was actually very mixed about loving this mascara so much because of that. 

But this makes my pathetic lashes look naturally fuller, longer and keeps the curl.  And I can easily get 3+ months out of a tube without the formula drying out.  Oh, and no caking or clumping.  So for me it's worth the price tag because the never ending cycle of trying a new mascara too often is finally over.

@kzjohnson, I have very thin lashes while our son's are like a fur coat!  Unfair!  Would you mind telling me where you purchase your mascara?  I've been using Mally's and it's begun clumping like crazy.

Thanks.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@kzjohnson, I have very thin lashes while our son's are like a fur coat!  Unfair!  Would you mind telling me where you purchase your mascara?  I've been using Mally's and it's begun clumping like crazy.

Thanks.Smiley Happy

@ECBG, I buy directly from Chanel (.com).  I do mostly because the price is the same just about anywhere that sells Chanel, and Chanel has the auto replinish program.

You always get sample options, and this may sound silly but their packaging on everything is impeccable.  Just so "fancy"...makes it feel a little special.  FWIW, the current tube I'm on I've been using for just over 3 months and no clumping!  If you treat yourself, I hope you like it as well as I do.

BTW, I used to use Mally's as well and gave it up because of the clumping issue.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

I have started using Younique liquid foundation and the aesthetician when I went in for a facial kept complimenting my skin.

After spending about $300 on new products without having success, I started using Azelaic Acid yesterday for rash and rosacea. It took care of a cystic acne bump that was threatening to rise to the surface (it is now gone) and it cured the red scaly rash on and under my eyes. Found it myself. 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@kzjohnson wrote:

@ECBG, my mascara. 

Is this their brand new mascara?

Respected Contributor

I recently received the serum foundation from The Ordinary and it's good. Coverage is good, it's lightweight and the price is phenomenal!! 

Esteemed Contributor

To use a facial moisturizer on my face and decollete. After menopause my facial skin is not as oily as it used to be (I spent my teen years to my 50s dealing with acne) and so I never used a moisturizer on my face back then. My skin on my body has also become itchy sometimes so I need to use a moisturizer sometimes too.

I'm also dealing with seborretic dermatitis on my face so I'm trying different cleansers. I found a bar of soap for this condition at CVS so I'm giving it a try as well.

Trusted Contributor

Optical Illusion primer by Urban Decay. I received a free sample when I purchased 2 other products in this line. It goes on very smooth & keeps my oily t-zone under control.