Respected Contributor

Re: What Is Your Most Recent Product or Item Change In Your Basic Makeup?

I switched my regular foundation for Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector.  It is lightweight, has SPF 20 and gives me enough coverage.  Pefect for summer.

Honored Contributor

I went to one lighter shade of Brow pencil in L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer. I went from Dark Brunette to Brunette shade.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@kzjohnson wrote:

@ECBG, my mascara. 

I have tried $3 mascaras, drugstore, higher end, the brands offered by QVC and HSN.  I have found nothing that I wanted to keep using.

Then I got a sample of Le Volume De Chanel (waterproof).  I liked it well enough that I treated myself to a tube.  Now I'm on the the replinish program!

I've been a big believer in that you don't need to spend a lot of money to have great products...and I was actually very mixed about loving this mascara so much because of that. 

But this makes my pathetic lashes look naturally fuller, longer and keeps the curl.  And I can easily get 3+ months out of a tube without the formula drying out.  Oh, and no caking or clumping.  So for me it's worth the price tag because the never ending cycle of trying a new mascara too often is finally over.

Is this their brand new mascara?

I'm not sure @CANDLEQUEEN.  I've only ever bought fragrance from Chanel until I happened upon this mascara as a sample gift.

Respected Contributor

LOL @ECBG!!!   My Daughter and I have skimpy lashes, while my 4 Sons have the "Fur Coat lashes!"  I Agree!  Totally No Fair!  Woman LOL

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

I changed foundations.  I love my new foundation, but found out it's being discontinued.  I was able to purchase a few back-ups though, so I'm good for awhile.

Another thing I changed was that I started using a Nyx makeup sponge to blend my foundation.  It also helps me clean up the edges on my eyeshadow when I've colored too far outside the lines.  Smiley Very Happy

Image result for Nyx makeup sponge

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have absolutely loved Mally's origonal eyeliner pencils that had the black powder you applied over them.  I wore it until I had to order sets from amazon!  Then I found out the single pencil worked.

A friend sent me some gel liners from Laura Geller.  I'm in love!

I'm also getting better brows from Mally A275649.  I had used a Clinique brow powder I had to fight with!

Mally Believable Brows Shaping & Sculpting System w/ Brush - A275649

In preparation for my white hair later this month (oh God, what am I thinking), I'm trying out a few brighter lip colors...still pink, but not my pinkish nudes. I'm liking Trish McEvoy's Precious Pink & Lancome's Poodle Skirt. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I went back to my 20s and bought a tube of Clinique's Raspberry Glacé lipstick.  💄

I also bought Clinique's old time cake eyeliner in brown.  

Honored Contributor

I have a few things that I have done differently lately.  

I have such sensitive skin and have wanted to use a scub of sorts but everything is too harsh.  I found one by Boots that I love and so far, so good!  It is called Jelly Balls!  It is very gentle, fragrance free and has small beads.  So far, so good.  I use it a couple times a week and I think it really helps my skin feel smoother!

I, too, have decided that when I do wear liner, which isn't often, that black is too harsh for me now.  Instead, I use brown, or blues.  Same with mascara.  A deep brown looks much nicer.

Also, I have recently started wearing a bit of blush.  Blush has always been a no-no for me.  I never could get it right.  But since I found the Milani Tea Rose, I am enjoying it very much!  I also am putting a bit of highlighting powder above the blush and I think it looks really pretty!

For summer --- I have started really liking lipsticks with a bit of shimmer or frost.  I am older, yes, and didn't think this would look good on me any more.  But it seems to light up my face more!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1,Wow!  You've just been having a great time!  Congrats!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@kzjohnson- thanks for the review but I have one question before I try it - does it have a plastic brush?  It looked like it on the pic I saw. That is a deal breaker for me.  Can't get the product on my lashes decently and almost scratch my eyes out with those things!  They are like weapons of eye destruction to me!