Respected Contributor

What “Beauty” tip have you learned and used from the Beauty Forum?

I learned that if you have static in your hair after blow drying it to rub a dryer sheet over your hair a couple of times and it gets rid of the static...it works!
Respected Contributor

Re: What “Beauty” tip have you learned and used from the Beauty Forum?

[ Edited ]

I learned not to use a lot of hyaluronic acid on my face living in the desert. There’s no moisture to pull from the air so it pulls moisture from your skin 😳. I do fine when it’s one of several ingredients in a serum or moisturizer, but I had been using it by itself as part of my routine.

Honored Contributor

When I was younger, I used Vaseline under the eyes and it actually kept my skin taut and supple.  There are still women using this for the same reason.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

There are probably many small tips I learned and tried after reading about them on this forum.   However, years ago I never would have researched or tried either retin-a, retinol, or vitamin C serum if I hadn't read about them here.  It took some trial and error and asking questions of posters here, but found what worked to improve my complexion over time.  Thanks!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I was having trouble trying to get my annoying facial hairs out with tweezers, until I learned about the electric facial shavers (Panasonic) from this forum.  It is such a time saver!!

Respected Contributor

I recently learned that Isomers’ Copper-P serum can increase facial hair.  Before reading it here, I had no idea.

Since I stopped using it, my chin hair is at least 50% less. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not that I do this anymore, but one of the tips I learned from the beauty board was the oil cleansing method. Which then lead me to research & try many different oils.

I actually do a hybrid oil treatment every a.m. primarily for facial stimulation. I think I could just get away with that alone for my daily protection, because I have the most glowing and smooth skin! (And don't have to rely upon expensive things.)

Also, here was my first introduction to the benefits of vitamin C & retinol, among other skin ingredients.

Respected Contributor

I took someone's recommendation of the Beekman apple cider vinegar hair rinse and it's a fantastic product! Sure there are more I just haven't thought of yet.

Frequent Contributor

I learned to read the ingredient list of all products.  Not only did it teach me what provided benefits to my skin, but also what to avoid.  Amazing how many face and makeup products I avoid now.   So many are full of ingredients that merely mask the skin imperfections rather than treating them.

Honored Contributor

Not really a beauty tip per say... but I learned the value of oral oil swishing every day.  I have been doing it for about 10 years now.... a regular forum user suggested it for a tooth ache I was having.... and it has been nothing other than amazing for my health.