Trusted Contributor

Re: Wen lawsuit about hair loss

Well I had hair loss from WEN too. And I didn't connect the two. I used WEN for about 2 1/2 years. My hair looked awesome when I used WEN, shiny, body, etc., much better than when I used any other shampoo and conditioner up to that point.  I experimented a couple of times trying to determine if WEN was causing the problem or not. My problems did not start right away when using WEN but after about a month into it, my scalp would start to hurt a little bit, then It got **itchy and then it became really painful and I had clumps of hair falling out. Finally determined it must be WEN. My scalp also reacted the exact same way to a brand called Euphora. Since I loved the way my hair looked (but not my scalp with the hair loss), I then experimented with using conditioners as cleansers but everytime I found one I liked it got discontinued. I started using Matrix Biolage's Cleansing Conditioner for Curly hair earlier this year when it came out and am now on my 5th bottle. I love it. I wash my hair every other day and now loose less than the normal 100 hairs per day. My hair is shiny and my hairdresser said it felt very healthy when she cut it the last time. I do clarify once every 7 to 10 days as I do use a lot of stuff in my hair to amp up my curls.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

@UMDTerpFan. I'm sorry you had that experience.  No fair one of the best posters around had trouble!  I don't doubt it has happened to others as well.  There are just too many numbers but with that the factors increase exponentially, too.  

My my two cents in this thread was, again, not to doubt the veracity of the issue as a whole but the motive of new posts complete with pics.  Timing is everything.  It really crawls under my skin when we see new posts, any, that are posting for reasons other than sharing or requesting information.  Gathering info, advertising, fake reviews, etc. just are insulting, IMO.  I like it here.  I like the people on this forum.  I've learned so much!  I don't want to see it watered down with the agenda of others.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bella Carro wrote:

Is it send out the Wen net again?  Do lawyers send folks here to try to get tidbits and innuendo?  New poster with two posts, pics, and a story with more holes than the net.  How on God's green earth can you not correlate a new product with direct change to any part of your person?  Especially a woman and hair loss.  And what kind of cruddy doctors would not just question but downright interrogate a patient about product changes before sending to more docs and prescribing meds?  Used for two months, sure.  Good grief.  Gotta find a sheep pic.

Possibly, because someone (on the Wen Q&A thread) asked team Wen to tell her what ingredient ,in the Wen products, made her hair fall out. 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️

We all lose hair, and I know for a fact that nerves do a number on your body and can cause hair loss. So I think that it's more your body ailments than the Wen.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks

Occasional Contributor

It was literally falling out.  Then what was left died and started breaking off.  Went to see if I could get it cut somehow to hide the mess and maybe fix some of the dead stuff and all the new white hairs.  The hair cutting place literally said not much they could do with it and best to leave it alone til it grows back in.  There are patches that are literally just half an inch long and other patches that are an inch and other places 2 inches and even other strands that are about 3 inches to 4 inches but are broken and dead. 

Occasional Contributor

no make up last picture and my forehead was scrunched trying to see in the mirror to take the picture.  Sorry it looks like that.

Occasional Contributor

But I don't have body ailments.  Overall am quite healthy.

Occasional Contributor

That was my assumption at first til I started to see my scalp.  My hair has always been full and fairly thick, so had alot of hair to lose before that was possible.

Occasional Contributor

mine would get itchy also, salon said it was because of all the hair trying to come in and coming in.  They checked my head for anything and everything and didn't even have dandruff.  But when using it, yes it felt sore, not so much painful.  More like having a ponytail pulling to tight type feeling.  Yes, clumps also, just patches here and there and my hairline receded something awful and tons of new hairs came in.  The top of my head and crown also lost patches.