Respected Contributor

Wen Winter Vanilla Mint Blue or Green???

I purchased the ODO last week and noticed that the CC label is blue and white while the styling cream and oil labels are green and white.  The TSV had a 32oz CC with a Green and White Label while the oil that is sold alone appears to have a blue and white label.

What the color is going on?

Oh, and if you watch the video of the ODO  cc, sc and oil, there is a cc with a blue and white label while the sc and oil have green and white labels.

One more thing.

The video shows Chaz and the Host saying that a gift box is included so "We got you covered".  However, I received the 3 items in bubble wrap only.

What the box is going on?

I called customer service but the rep did not know anything about this.

It would be great to have some answers.  Am I supposed to call the Wen Salon?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen Winter Vanilla Mint Blue or Green???

Yes, some are blue and some are green but the product on the inside of the container is identical, so don't read anything into it.

Next, QVC hosts get confused and say the wrong thing. Some items are sent gift boxed, some are displayed with a box but sent without the box.

The TSV was shown in a box in the email from QVC,  but below the picture it said:

"*Gift boxes shown for display purposes. The TSV will not ship with these gift boxes."

So it's possible a video shows a hose making a mistake about it. I know I heard Shawn giving out wrong information when she was on-air with Chaz.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalMom

How fortunate that that you caught that ODO,  I grabbed several myself, and plan to hoard them!

As @x Hedge said, Chaz was in the process of changing the color of the WVM labels, which he and the hosts mentioned on several shows.

Boxes are occasionally for display only, trailer mentions that, especially in the case of WVM which is now being discontinued.  😥

I don’t know about calling the salon, only you can answer that, but the number is there.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

It wasn't the host that said the wrong thing. It was Chaz who was holding the box.

And what is more infuriating, I had a response and it was deleted on the product page. I read it though when I received an email earlier this morning.

So I went and checked the dates of my products and some are over two years old.

Then I went to check the TSV before this...a month a two ago and it also had CC from 2013 and oil from 2015. The only thing that was from this year was the SC.

This was the Pear Scent of 32 oz CC, Oil and Styling Cream.

The current ODO that I got also is outdated except for the styling cream. And the name of the product differs on the CC and the SC and Oil.

This is what I posted under my question.

I find this weird. I received an email that my question was answered and I read what the person wrote. When I went back to look to see if there were other responses, the response has been deleted.

The comment was that QVC sends old product out and to look at the date on all the bottles and you will be shocked.

Product - Name on Bottle - Lot # - Manufacturing Date

.the bottle which I intend to.
Oil - Vanilla Mint  96332  MFG  9/2016
SC - Vanilla Mint 02787  MFG  11/2017
CC - Winter Vanilla Mint  89135 MFG 9/2015

It looks like I have some old product of Cleansing Conditioner that is over 2 years. And one bottle of Oil that is over a year old. The only product that is current is the Styling Cream. The name on the CC is different than what's on the Oil and SC.

Respected Contributor

@Drythe  Hoard them?  You better use them up soon. The 16oz CC is already over 2 years old as well as the Oil. The only thing current was the SC. Winter Vanilla Mint

Purchased the TSV and other products in September. The 32 oz Pear CC was from 2013.

Hoarding isn't a good thing. It goes rancid. That's why there are dates on bottles.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Yes, some are blue and some are green but the product on the inside of the container is identical, so don't read anything into it.

Next, QVC hosts get confused and say the wrong thing. Some items are sent gift boxed, some are displayed with a box but sent without the box.

The TSV was shown in a box in the email from QVC,  but below the picture it said:

"*Gift boxes shown for display purposes. The TSV will not ship with these gift boxes."

So it's possible a video shows a hose making a mistake about it. I know I heard Shawn giving out wrong information when she was on-air with Chaz.

@x Hedge   It wasn't the TSV, it was the ODO with a 16oz CC, oil and SC.

Wen stuff doesn't sell out anymore. Hence old product for fools like me to purchase. Ugh!

Honored Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

@Drythe  Hoard them?  You better use them up soon. The 16oz CC is already over 2 years old as well as the Oil. The only thing current was the SC. Winter Vanilla Mint

Purchased the TSV and other products in September. The 32 oz Pear CC was from 2013.

Hoarding isn't a good thing. It goes rancid. That's why there are dates on bottles.

@CalMom

Thank you for the advice, however, I’m a long time WEN user and have bottles 3 or 4 years old no problem.

All my dates were 2015 or 2016.

Really, I am fine & happy with my purchase!  😍

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@CalMom wrote:

@CalMom

Thank you for the advice, however, I’m a long time WEN user and have bottles 3 or 4 years old no problem.

All my dates were 2015 or 2016.

Really, I am fine & happy with my purchase!  😍

Well, this WEN lover has wised up and out!