Honored Contributor

Laura Slatkin Sells her company — Nest Fragrances

Harry Slatkin posted on his Instagram page today that his wife, Laura Slatkin, sold her company yesterday.  It was purchased by Eurazeo, a global investment company based in Paris and New York.  Harry’s post:

6D89D051-5144-4B55-984F-E4613013317E.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Re: Laura Slatkin Sells her company — Nest Fragrances

I wonder if her fragrances will change like so many other companies.

Esteemed Contributor

Nest eau de parfum sprays have gone up a lot in price in the last year at the Canadian Sephora stores. A bottle is now $98 CDN. I only like the Nest Paradise fragrance but I've had the rollerballs leak and when the bottle of the eau de parfum is finished I won't repurchase it. I've moved on to Tocca Stella which is similar in the orange based scent but is a bit less expensive.

Honored Contributor

Congrats to her.

I've noticed that the Slatkins do this with their companies: grow it and then sell it. This isn't the first time for either one of them. Like those who flip houses or refurbish furniture (from junk to wow), I get the impression that it's not so much the product that they love, but the growing and selling and then starting a new business, growing and selling and then.....again and again; THAT'S what they love doing.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper,

Thanks for posting,

To Laura Slatkin,

Image result for congrats animated images

Respected Contributor

I'm disappointed that the upcoming Nest TSV does not include Paradise, my favorite.  I like all the Nest fragrances, but Paradise is the one I like the most.  Wonder why they left Paradise out. 😥

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James