Respected Contributor

I recently got a Macbook computer.  It is working well and I have started to watch online and watch videos.

What I am noticing is that the hosts, models, and vendors, don't look nearly as good as they do when I watch television.  I do not have HD.

My daughter tells me that is why.  Because the computer is HD and I am holding it closer.  They all look virtually flawless on my television, but, wow, not so on the computer.

Anyone else notice this?

Hyacinth

Valued Contributor

The television in my bedroom is HD. Whenever I have a beauty show on, I am able to see the models and vendors up close and it reveals all. They still look wonderful but they don't have that  flawless look like they appear in my other tv.

Honored Contributor

No, but I've had HD TV since 2007, so I'm already used to the way all the live TV people look. It's only jarring when someone uses too much of the wrong powder and then looks like someone threw flour on them.

One local TV news anchor once used some kind of banana powder or yellow concealer that looked super crazy on the HD TV, with large yellow crescents under her eyes. Someone must have told her, poor woman, because it never happened again.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have the American shopping channels on my cable and even TSC in Canada is not in HD either but the broadcasts via the various shopping channel apps is in HD so you definitely notice the difference even between a broadcast on an app vs a browser. The browser view is not as crisp as the app version.

Having said that, I can also tell that shopping channels are using live feed filters on beauty programs and you can see the filter winking on and off and when the filter is off you can see all the lines, wrinkles, and leathery looking skin that some on air people have.

Trusted Contributor

@TY wrote:

I don't have the American shopping channels on my cable and even TSC in Canada is not in HD either but the broadcasts via the various shopping channel apps is in HD so you definitely notice the difference even between a broadcast on an app vs a browser. The browser view is not as crisp as the app version.

Having said that, I can also tell that shopping channels are using live feed filters on beauty programs and you can see the filter winking on and off and when the filter is off you can see all the lines, wrinkles, and leathery looking skin that some on air people have.

interesting, the filters on a tv program.

Everyone looks pretty darn good up close on beauty IQ on my HD tv here.

Younger models of course the best...some are so young it's unreal.

Like when they had Anthropologie's new line on I saw last night...all 3 girls were like 18 or so!!!  I did not care for that. Seemed unbalanced to me.

Seemed unbalanced to me. But they do cater to a younger crowd in the stores, maybe that was why. Haven't been in the store in ages due to the prices being so darn high! But did enjoy some scents they had out and neat cute finds, planters and other non-clothing items you don't see elsewhere.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

Re: Watching on my computer

[ Edited ]

HD will make everyone look like they have craters for pores and canyons for wrinkles or lines. It's really evident that filters were not around when early HD tv programs came to air. People's skin looked bad, really bad back then. Now with the filters being used, everyone looks young again.Woman Very Happy