Esteemed Contributor

Re: Watch Paula Choice live on QVC: The Find with Shawn Killinger on July 28th at 10 p.m. EST

[ Edited ]

This will be Paula Begoun's first time selling on QVC so I'll watch as I've been a long time Paula's Choice customer. I imagine that Her company's corporate viewpoint changed once she sold her company to a private equity firm as her early books on beauty dissed on shopping channels.

Super Contributor

Re: Watch Paula Choice live on QVC: The Find with Shawn Killinger on July 28th at 10 p.m. EST

While I should be the last person to come to her defense, shopping networks have evolve massively over the last decade. With that said, I used to not be able to tolerate Paula herself and her reviews based on ingredients, packaging and price BUT I've been using quite a few of her products and they're really pretty amazing, especially her cleansers and treatment boosters. I may tune in tomorrow to catch her on here - hope she does well!

Honored Contributor

@IcedTeaNoLemon wrote:

While I should be the last person to come to her defense, shopping networks have evolve massively over the last decade. With that said, I used to not be able to tolerate Paula herself and her reviews based on ingredients, packaging and price BUT I've been using quite a few of her products and they're really pretty amazing, especially her cleansers and treatment boosters. I may tune in tomorrow to catch her on here - hope she does well!

It's rare when a company changes a product and it's an improvement, but I just opened a new bottle of her Skin Recovery cleanser and the formula is now much richer, thicker.  Feels like a luxury cream on the face.  Really nice.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

She doesn't too plastic though, she looks good. The fillers are what make people look odd. She had surgury & said she goes light on the fillers. One of the reasons I trust Paulsa is she says products can help but they won't stop aging.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Trix wrote:

I thought the Paula Choice brand had been sold to a bigger corporate partner.  That would explain the expansion of the brand out to other retailers beyond Paula's website.

Any time you get those bigger deeper pocketed partners on board original users will see some difference and usually not for the better.  Those partners are only interested in the bottom line -- not the quality of the product and what has to be done to get it to as many retailers as possible.  More availability means more sales volume, but these corporate partners usually like to cut budget from production (which impacts quality) in order to see an even bigger profit on the bottom line.

This has nothing to do with where Paula's Choice is sold, but I've always felt that Paula should not review her own products as the Cosmetic Cop and on her Beautypedia site.  

So far I have seen absolutely no change in quality.

Agree, and that investment was almost 3 years ago now.

And Paula was reviewing products long before she started her own line.

Agree and want to add that after all those years of her and an expert team analysing products and ingredients as well as the scientific literature, it makes perfect sense to start a line incorporating their findings. A real example of putting your money where your mouth is!

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Trusted Contributor

@TY wrote:

This will be Paula Begoun's first time selling on QVC so I'll watch as I've been a long time Paula's Choice customer. I imagine that Her company's corporate viewpoint changed once she sold her company to a private equity firm as her early books on beauty dissed on shopping channels.

@TY, I don't recall her "dissing on shopping channels" in her books, but I imagine the older books came out when TV shopping for beauty products was in its infancy and, frankly, most were junk. Now, TV shopping has included brands that are successful and popular in the marketplace.

Through the PC Team's work, Paula debunked the myth that drugstore products were always bottom of the line. THAT I really appreciated.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Valued Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I have absolutely no desire to try another skin care line at present.  But this one?  No way can I stay away.  I'm hoping for a discovery kit.  Regardless I will order something. 

Before you buy from the Q, check out the prices on her website first. She always has sales, internet coupon codes, free shipping, free samples, etc.  Unless there's a great TSV in the future, I think it would be hard to beat her website prices.