Super Contributor

Watch Paula Choice live on QVC: The Find with Shawn Killinger on July 28th at 10 p.m. EST

Just got this email from Paula.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Watch Paula Choice live on QVC: The Find with Shawn Killinger on July 28th at 10 p.m. EST

This really surprises me! I love her products but I've noticed that they have really spread out their marketing, selling of the products lately. I hope it doesn't have any negative impact on the quality of her products.
Super Contributor

Re: Watch Paula Choice live on QVC: The Find with Shawn Killinger on July 28th at 10 p.m. EST

I agree. I hope the quality doesn't go down and the prices go up, like a lot of other brands tend to do.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought the Paula Choice brand had been sold to a bigger corporate partner.  That would explain the expansion of the brand out to other retailers beyond Paula's website.

Any time you get those bigger deeper pocketed partners on board original users will see some difference and usually not for the better.  Those partners are only interested in the bottom line -- not the quality of the product and what has to be done to get it to as many retailers as possible.  More availability means more sales volume, but these corporate partners usually like to cut budget from production (which impacts quality) in order to see an even bigger profit on the bottom line.

This has nothing to do with where Paula's Choice is sold, but I've always felt that Paula should not review her own products as the Cosmetic Cop and on her Beautypedia site.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been a fan for years. I hope the people on these forums won't jump on her after they see her. She has described the procedures, treatments, enhancements, and so forth that contribute to her appearance. She has never implied that her products can do what a dermatologist or plastic surgeon achieves. I respect her.

P.S. I'm not responding to anyone in particular. 

Trusted Contributor

I've been buying her products since 1995 and absolutely love them, especially her serums, AHA & BHA products.  I don't think her products will go down in quality, but I have noticed the prices going up in the past few years.  Also her BHA & AHA skin

lightening products have gone from 2 oz. to 1 oz.  I don't know why anyone would purchase from QVC -- IMO as you can usually get free shipping, special prices etc. if you sign up for her email and purchase on her website or call.  It will raise awareness for her products since is good.  I will be watching!

Super Contributor

@shiloh 81 wrote:

Just got this email from Paula.

Thanks so much for posting this, shiloh - and I also received the e-mail from Paula as well.  Will definitely check out tomorrow night - this should be very interesting!

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

I thought the Paula Choice brand had been sold to a bigger corporate partner.  That would explain the expansion of the brand out to other retailers beyond Paula's website.

Any time you get those bigger deeper pocketed partners on board original users will see some difference and usually not for the better.  Those partners are only interested in the bottom line -- not the quality of the product and what has to be done to get it to as many retailers as possible.  More availability means more sales volume, but these corporate partners usually like to cut budget from production (which impacts quality) in order to see an even bigger profit on the bottom line.

This has nothing to do with where Paula's Choice is sold, but I've always felt that Paula should not review her own products as the Cosmetic Cop and on her Beautypedia site.  

So far I have seen absolutely no change in quality.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Trix wrote:

So far I have seen absolutely no change in quality.

Agree, and that investment was almost 3 years ago now.

And Paula was reviewing products long before she started her own line.

Honored Contributor

I have absolutely no desire to try another skin care line at present.  But this one?  No way can I stay away.  I'm hoping for a discovery kit.  Regardless I will order something.