Super Contributor

Re: Want a New Knock-Out Mascara!!! Suggestions?

MAC has some wonderful mascaras. MAC Extended Play and Zoomlash mascaras actually curl my lashes without a curler! ( Not an easy task for my super straight lashes) They both come in brown, although it can be hard to find.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/29/2014 OkeyDokey said:

Thanks, betteb! I will be watching for the reviews. Smiley Very Happy

Looks like they poofed me, for the links I suppose{#emotions_dlg.mad}

The thread is called Nordstrom Mascara Madness Reviews and allthatsgood has posted her first review of her Armani mascara.

I'm going to try my YSL Volume Effect in Deep Night tomorrow and will review tomorrow night.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

On 5/30/2014 Linda129 said:

Got a sample of this mascara in a GWP and I just ordered it on the Nordie's mascara promotion - Lancome Hypnose Drama. Only need one pass with the mascara to get full, fluffy lashes. No break-in period either. Hate when you have to use half the tube to finally get it to go on without being a big, wet mess.

I bought the Laura Mercier Full Blown the last promo and it seems to bother my eyes. Also flakes more. I wear gas permeable hard contacts so I don't like getting mascara bits in my eyes.

I'm 56 and still love mascara.

Linda I hope you will post reviews on the Nordstrom Mascara Madness threadSmile

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

I've been using Younique fiber mascara and I love it. It's a little pricey, but I conserve by curling, using a coat of Maybelline, then layering on the gel and fibers. No flaking or smudging and removes easily with my regular face cleanser.

Super Contributor

How can love for mascara be equated with age? We all look better with it, no matter what the age.

I got the three Lancome from HSN and I am liking the one I am trying now---although I am still mad at them for refusing to honor the $10 off because I called in the order instead of ordering onine. I could have canceled and placed it online, but it seemed so silly. I thought they would cave after I emailed them, but, alas, they didn't.

{#emotions_dlg.bored}

Super Contributor

Good luck with your hunt! Based on your reviews, I'm not in a position to make recommendations since we don't have the same experience with the mascaras you listed and my lashes are not like yours. Like you, though, I have very hard to stay curled lashes. Mine are stick straight and my upper lids actually rest on them. I ordered three new to me mascaras from the Nordstrom sale last week. So far, Georgio Armani Eyes to Kill Waterproof is doing well holding my curl and gives both length and volume. I've used it twice.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
New Contributor

I love Smashbox Full Exposure. They've also just come out with it in waterproof; I haven't tried that yet.

Respected Contributor

Test-driving It's So Big Volumizing Mascara. So far I like it. It does give some volume and I like the way my lashes look - no clumping or spider legs. They also look soft, not crispy.

New Contributor

I have thinning eye lashes. I recently made a purchase at Tarte Cosmetic website.

They sent me a tester/sample of a mascara with the gold cover. Not sure of the name....I don't have it in front of me. I LOVE IT!!! Makes my eye lashes thick again!!

Qvc doesn't have it. I usually buy when they have a sale, so I'm looking forward to the purchase of that mascara!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}