Respected Contributor

This is true--but the grey does help you visualize how you'd look if you go silver.

Still not ready...at 66

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure if any  of the posters here have had one of these wigs or maybe just going by the price feeling that can't look very good .  I gave 8 of the textured pixie cut and I will say they are all a bit different ,   But equally very nice .  I get compliments each and every time I wear one!  Just yesterday the weather here was snowy and awful I had a dr. Appt .  And wore my wig as I wasnt going to style my own hair for 45 mins. just yo go out in that weather so I put my wig on. Well I know all the nurses and staff very well and one of the  nurses and one of the medical assistants said to me " oh you cut your hair ,  it looks gorgeous !!!   I love you in your short style"!  I told them it was a wig , well they could not beileve it thought it looked fundamental,  and not wiggy looking at all!! They thought it was human hair cause it looked o natural.  Wanted to know where I got it an an item # .  I get that ALL the time,  there isn't one Tim e I am wearing one of these wigs and I don't get compliments from even complete strangers.   I love this style and hairuwear wigs I find them great quality, easy to maintain and they look "real" and beautiful IMO 🎄⭐️

Respected Contributor

Until recently, I have worn mostly the hairpieces - chignons, braided buns, clip on curls etc.   Always, I get lots of compliments and people want to know where I got them as they can't believe they aren't my own hair.

So recently I've tried a short hairdo wig and a Paula Young bobbed fall, and even a longer bob - and again get lots of compliments.

I ordered the pixie wig and am hopeful I'll like it as well.

I love changing up the look and having fun with them.

Super Contributor

Re: WIGGED OUT...TSV

[ Edited ]

@Campion wrote:

I tried a shorter wig (only one available in grey) last TSV or two ago.

The wig was very small and get this, I have a very small head, almost child sized. The wig was too tight and it scoots off even if I put on the cap and pull it on firmly. The reports were that it does run small. So read the reviews. They were spot on. The hair looked very real. 

I had the same experience.  Loved the look of the wig, the gray color very nice - but it was too small!  I tried- I really did- and no way it would go on let alone stay on  (and I have a small to medium head size)

Honored Contributor

Re: WIGGED OUT...TSV

[ Edited ]

Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't see your thread till now, @Shanus.  I don't wander over into "Beauty" very often, ha, but wanted to update MY wig thread, and just saw yours.

I have quite a bit of experience with synthetic wigs, and love the ease of care and look of many of them.  Even standard cap, non-mono top, synthetic wigs don't have to look "wiggy" at all, although some do.  I've had many a sincere compliment on my "hair" over time, often from complete strangers.  Of course, most experienced wig wearers can usuallly spot others wearing wigs, but who cares, really?

Have been pleased with Raquel Welch wigs, John Renau, Noriko, some Rene of Paris, and now with Gabor, which has really upped their game recently.

I ordered Toni Brattin's very cute little French bob she was selling on the Q recently, but returned it because the extremely dark "rooting" on the pretty ash blonde that she offers was way too harsh.  Some manufacturers overdo the faux rooting and "regrowth" look, and it's usually not flattering if you have very fair coloring.

The Gabor bob I have now has an interesting, wavy-straight curl pattern that looks a litte Bohemian, but I find fun.  If you want to see a video of it, it's in my thread "Flutter Wig by Gabor".

You may have already resolved the questions you have about wigs by now, but feel free to ask away if you still have any!