Super Contributor

shocked at prices at the drugstore for Olay

I was at CVs this morning and picked up Olay regeneriste whipped cream -thinking hmm what is this new wonder. Wow it is almost 40 dollars! and the Olay eye creams are around 30 dollars.

I have not bought mush in a long me actually going through my collection and being on a no buy until I need something ( and doing pretty well!) so those prices really were a surprise.

You might as well buy Clinique or a QVC set that offers you a great deal.

just my observations. doing some Xmas shopping. 

Respected Contributor

Re: shocked at prices at the drugstore for Olay

It's nuts isn't it?  I can buy First Aid Beauty for the same and get a much higher quality product.  Clinique is also a great choice.

Valued Contributor

The prices are better at Walmart and/or Amazon.   However, with CVS coupons and the extra care card, the price could come down.

Super Contributor

Cvs has sales buy one get one half off but you would be s...

Cvs has sales buy one get one half off but you would be spending 60 dollars or 30 a piece with that deal. 30 dollars for a drugstore cream =in a jar. even with a coupon that is so much money for a drugstore face cream. I know that Olay is available at costco/BJ at much better prices. I ws just really surprised. and for a tiny eye cream to be almost 30 dollars- that is way way too much.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Olay has been positioning their brand as a more premier line for a long time. I feel the first shot across the bow was dropping the word “oil”.  Then they expanded with many specialty products.

Olay gets a lot of positive press and is usually compared favorably with higher end products.  I guess for Olay this all justifies increased prices.

🐸Edited to change font

Honored Contributor

I've pretty much switched to Neutrogena which I like as well as Olay and is a few dollars cheaper.

Trusted Contributor

CVS has gotten outrageous. The price for these on the Olay website is $29 and CVS had them on their website for $37. Looks like most stores are selling them for $28 or so.

Honored Contributor

Try ebay.

Honored Contributor

I really miss drugstore dot com! They seemed to have the best prices, but now I find pretty good prices at WM.

Honored Contributor

Drugstore.com is now Walgreens.com. prices are very high like Drugstore was unless they were offering a special discount. If you sign up for Walgreens emails you will get discounts from them.