Honored Contributor

I ordered the longer bob style TSV wig in grey/white...thought it’d be great to try while growing out my shorter layers to that style. The host said it was selling fast and the first to go, so ordered before reading reviews.

Just canceled my order since reviews on most QVC wigs were not great. 

Has anyone tried any of these wigs or had experiences with synthetic wigs? 

Valued Contributor

I love synthetic wigs and would like to try one of the ones offered today but they don't have one that is the color I like. I have very light blond hair and I don't like dark roots. I don't know why they make them with such dark roots. It looks like you need to have your roots colored.

Honored Contributor

@ShanusI haven't worn a wig for over 40 years so I certainly can't compare my past experience to these wigs.  I'd love to try the gray one because I know under my color I am 99% gray.  There's no chance I'm going natural because my gray, like my mother's, has a yellow and/or orange cast to it. Mom fought that her entire life.

I also haven't read the reviews, but I so distrust reviews generally that I may be willing to pay a return cost if I hated it.  That cost wouldn't be much more than the cost of driving to my nearest outlet for a good wig selection.  And I suspect the wig would cost more than this one. 

I'll take a look - I'm curious if the reviewers didn't like this wig or just don't like wigs generally.  I do know there have been times in my life that my natural hair styled well and wearing a wig wouldn't have appealed to me at all.

Honored Contributor

When I graduated from nursing school in 1969 I used to have very long hair - down to the small of my back. It was very difficult to keep my very baby fine hair up off my collar back then so I would wear a short wig to work with my real hair all piled up into a stocking cap under it.It was a fairly inexpensive synthetic wig. A lot of nurses did this because we all had long straight hair back then and even putting it up , it wasn't very professional looking.

I found those wigs, while convenient, were hot to work in, and after a couple years I cut my real hair so I could just wear it to work. 

Honored Contributor

@gtx wrote:

I love synthetic wigs and would like to try one of the ones offered today but they don't have one that is the color I like. I have very light blond hair and I don't like dark roots. I don't know why they make them with such dark roots. It looks like you need to have your roots colored.

@gtx  Kinda defeats the purpose of less upkeep and less money at the salon if it looks like you’re due for an appt. to have your roots done. Lol 😂 

Valued Contributor

I haven't seen any presentations so far of today's TSV, but I have just purchased a couple of wigs that are not expensive at a local wig shop.  Both in the $50 range.  I do know that one size does not fit all.  While both look real--they don't have that fake, real shiny , doll-like hair--I think you can still tell they are wigs.  BTW, just tuned in to the Q and the model with Pat looks awful in  that wig.  My wigs were also trimmed  to look more suitable for my face.  If you have access to a wig salon, I think I'd try that before I bought one from TV.  I'm sure many people here have had good luck with ones from TV , but  I know if you don't get the right fit, you have to fuss with them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus

Bought a  Q wig for fun, very fake looking. Returning & cost was no fun.

If possible try local shopping.

Respected Contributor

Shanus,

I have never tried this brand ... but just from the presentation, these three choices lacked "fullness" .... wigs appeared very sparse to me.   @Shanus

Honored Contributor

I don't want to sound negative but the wigs look 'wiggy' on most everyone wearing them. This is what I'm seeing anyway.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Shanus

Bought a  Q wig for fun, very fake looking. Returning & cost was no fun.

If possible try local shopping.

Hi @hopi. Before I went white (stopped coloring my hair) about 6-8 months ago, I did try on a white wig that the sales person matched to my white roots. I never would have let the coloring every 3 weeks stop unless I knew in advance what I’d look like all white.

Anyone considering ending the “dye cycle”, try on a grey wig. It really doesn’t make you look as bad as your hair color w/ grey roots. That’s really not an accurate way to see how you’d look all grey or white.