Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201  Same to you and my DD and DGD just got back from Ireland. Brought me some hand knits, love them.

Re: sunscreen. I have my own sunscreen and I've read that sunscreen can very much change the integritiy of a product so that's why most companies don't put them in. I don't even use D's 'cause of the suspicious (on the list) spfs that aren't mineral sunscreens. So I'm happy. Besides, if you wear a moisturizer with spf, the moisturizer is meant to go into the skin and I see it taking that sunscreen right  in with it and I don't want it in my face, just on my face. These are my feelings, anyway.

We have beautiful snow and I'm cozy inside. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

Oh, and I guess what really soured me was the last TTV he brought he said "I don't say this often but you should be buying 5-6 of these kits". He says that every, single time. and unless customers are buying multiple to break up and sell on ebay, buying 5-6 kits 12 times a year would mean they had a stockpile of let's see average 5 items per kit x buying 5 kits = 25 products times 12 times a year = 300 items!!!!!! Seriously if anyone has that much stuff in their cabinets it would take years and years to use it so they would be throwing a lot of it away.

His schtick has soured me at this point. 

YUP!

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Irshgrl31201  Same to you and my DD and DGD just got back from Ireland. Brought me some hand knits, love them.

Re: sunscreen. I have my own sunscreen and I've read that sunscreen can very much change the integritiy of a product so that's why most companies don't put them in. I don't even use D's 'cause of the suspicious (on the list) spfs that aren't mineral sunscreens. So I'm happy. Besides, if you wear a moisturizer with spf, the moisturizer is meant to go into the skin and I see it taking that sunscreen right  in with it and I don't want it in my face, just on my face. These are my feelings, anyway.

We have beautiful snow and I'm cozy inside. Smiley Happy

Oh, Ireland, how lovely @Judaline! That was so sweet of them. You can tell by my nic, I could appreciate that! How did they like Ireland and where did they go there?

I am not sure what you mean by most companies don't put them in. In the moisturizers? Most companies now put them in both and also in foundations and even serums. Women rarely wear enough foundation to provide enough protection against the rays so wearing a moisturizer with a broad spectrum SPF is the best option. Most women simply do not want to wear a separate moisturizer with all the skin care benefits and then a sunscreen so all of the skin cancer experts and professor of dermatology at Yale, WebMD and the Skin Cancer Foundation find that the serums and moisturizers with broad spectrum SPF are the best options (1/4 to 1/2 tsp). If you are going to be in the sun most women aren't going to reapply moisturizers with SPF over makeup so broad spectrum powders are the best choice.  I am not sure what you mean by soaking in. I am also not sure what you mean by changing the integrity of the product. I do know that moisturizers with broad spectrum SPF can sometimes lighten the face or leave a cast when pictures are taken, especially with a flash. Maybe that is what you are talking about that but other than that, you are good to go and in fact they are recommended by skin care and cancer authorities.

The point I was trying to make is that I am not seeing any in Skinn moisturizers with spf except for a hand cream, a tinted moisturizer and an actual SPF which seems to be out of stock. Maybe I am missing them, but I can't find it in any of the moisturizers or serums. If you choose not to wear both a moisturizer and sunscreen which most women do, it is best for the skin when daytime moisturizers have an SPF and most women don't agree on the same moisturizer because they have different skin types with different needs. Seeing how SPF is so very important not only to stop the aging rays, but for overall skin health.

SPF needs to be worn everyday and with all the choices he has for other products, what he has with broad spectrum SPF is just not enough.

It just started snowing here. We are laying in bed, watching tv and on the computer (he's reading) and I just turned on the fireplace. I love being cozy too! We so rarely get snow, I really plan on enjoying it!! My grandson finally fell asleep, he is so excited for tomorrow. They are now saying possibility for 9 inches. I lived in Buffalo prior o NC and that was nothing but here that is huge. There is not a loaf of bread or carton of eggs left in the whole town!!! haha!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

Re: WHO'S WATCHING DIMITRI?

[ Edited ]

@PinkSunset wrote:

I started with his products a few years ago and just got a few core things. I liked those things. but then like all companies that see a huge surge in popularity it seems he fell into the trap of bringing something new all the time, or reinventing the things I liked. since he's on at least 12x a year, and sometimes more, that's a lot of new things or reformulations. so that to me weakens the line.

How can people buy every new thing he brings out in multiples and not continue with the same things and actually know what works? He developed some loyal customers much like a few other lines have and so they defend him to the max. I bought his Lip6x based on rave reviews here and it did NOTHING. Just waste money. His neck amour is good, 24 YPC was good but he changed it, botanilift neck serum was good but now he's bringing in chin straps? And that device to hold a hair dryer? to me those things just cheapen his line as becoming gimmicky. Good skincare should be about ingredients and when the cosmetic industry develops something new that works better than the gold standard, then that's what they should be bringing. He seems to be just cluttering up his line now.

Oh, and I guess what really soured me was the last TTV he brought he said "I don't say this often but you should be buying 5-6 of these kits". He says that every, single time. and unless customers are buying multiple to break up and sell on ebay, buying 5-6 kits 12 times a year would mean they had a stockpile of let's see average 5 items per kit x buying 5 kits = 25 products times 12 times a year = 300 items!!!!!! Seriously if anyone has that much stuff in their cabinets it would take years and years to use it so they would be throwing a lot of it away.

Hi @PinkSunset... I agree that I am tired of many vendors (inc Dimitri) always reformulating sometimes unneccesarily...point in example..his Stem Rejen line and 24 Youth Preservation cream...I found both to be HG items...then he reformulated (at Evine's behest I am sure) and added million year old mineral water and stems cells of roses growing up on Mt Everest (right) and I found the new formulations diluted,more watery and less effective...so I stocked up on OG versions and and hunting for things to replace them...

I LOVE his OG  Lip6x serum...I have 4 bottles (all 1.2 oz bonus size) in my stash as they have kept my lips moist and luscious when nothing else has (I use at night) I don't expect nor want huge plumping...ick...and his lip6x balms are unbeatable for all day lip moisture! 

I think the neck strap (Trim-lastic) has been around awhile in Asian and even European countries but is newer to us here in the States...a temporary reduction and neck/chin line tightening appeals to many (including myself!) and the B & A's show it works..I have watched the vids on Youtube (search Chinup strap for Euro reviews) and everyone had results (temporary but again what isn't in beauty) I believe he saw it at Cosmoprof, tried it, fell in love and knew it would make many people with loosy goosy jawlines, necklines and neck skin happy...Ashley( the blonde model) appeared to be VERY happy and she is a regular Evine model...go search her out in fashion vids and see how the neck device helped her from before...

I agree the hair dryer attachment was meh but then again I have full movement of my arms when I blowdry my hair...many might find it a Godsend...good for them if so...LOVE the neck amour treatment a few times a week...I am a side sleeper and it has helped with boobie creases in ways no neck/dec cream has...

as far as the buy 5, buy 6, buy 12 spiel...I hear it from all vendors in beauty...it is a sales technique and I ignore it...if I can't afford 5 or 6 or 12, I don't buy that many...period! and if some are influenced enough to do so and can't afford it, they should not be watching ANY home shopping channels...ever LOL JMO

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@PinkSunset wrote:

YUP!

He does say to buy mutiples all the time.  He says a lot of things to encourage you to buy buy buy (yes, so do many others, but this thread is about him).

What also jumped out at me was when he introduced his "Take the Weekend Off" stuff.  He said, "did you ever notice how you notice the most results from a new skin care regime in the first few weeks?" (or words to that effect).  So you have to use this other stuff to reboot your skin or something.  And that is in direct contrast to his assertion that his products improve your skin over time, not in a few weeks.

He just doesn't have any credibility to me anymore.

Valued Contributor

@Krissy_1968 wrote:

@PinkSunset wrote:

I started with his products a few years ago and just got a few core things. I liked those things. but then like all companies that see a huge surge in popularity it seems he fell into the trap of bringing something new all the time, or reinventing the things I liked. since he's on at least 12x a year, and sometimes more, that's a lot of new things or reformulations. so that to me weakens the line.

How can people buy every new thing he brings out in multiples and not continue with the same things and actually know what works? He developed some loyal customers much like a few other lines have and so they defend him to the max. I bought his Lip6x based on rave reviews here and it did NOTHING. Just waste money. His neck amour is good, 24 YPC was good but he changed it, botanilift neck serum was good but now he's bringing in chin straps? And that device to hold a hair dryer? to me those things just cheapen his line as becoming gimmicky. Good skincare should be about ingredients and when the cosmetic industry develops something new that works better than the gold standard, then that's what they should be bringing. He seems to be just cluttering up his line now.

Hi @PinkSunset... I agree that I am tired of many vendors (inc Dimitri) always reformulating sometimes unneccesarily...point in example..his Stem Rejen line and 24 Youth Preservation cream...I found both to be HG items...then he reformulated (at Evine's behest I am sure) and added million year old mineral water and stems cells of roses growing up on Mt Everest (right) and I found the new formulations diluted,more watery and less effective...so I stocked up on OG versions and and hunting for things to replace them...

I LOVE his OG  Lip6x serum...I have 4 bottles (all 1.2 oz bonus size) in my stash as they have kept my lips moist and luscious when nothing else has (I use at night) I don't expect nor want huge plumping...ick...and his lip6x balms are unbeatable for all day lip moisture! 

I think the neck strap (Trim-lastic) has been around awhile in Asian and even European countries but is newer to us here in the States...a temporary reduction and neck/chin line tightening appeals to many (including myself!) and the B & A's show it works..I have watched the vids on Youtube (search Chinup strap for Euro reviews) and everyone had results (temporary but again what isn't in beauty) I believe he saw it at Cosmoprof, tried it, fell in love and knew it would make many people with loosy goosy jawlines, necklines and neck skin happy...Ashley( the blonde model) appeared to be VERY happy and she is a regular Evine model...go search her out in fashion vids and see how the neck device helped her from before...

I agree the hair dryer attachment was meh but then again I have full movement of my arms when I blowdry my hair...many might find it a Godsend...good for them if so...LOVE the neck amour treatment a few times a week...I am a side sleeper and it has helped with boobie creases in ways no neck/dec cream has...

as far as the buy 5, buy 6, buy 12 spiel...I hear it from all vendors in beauty...it is a sales technique and I ignore it...if I can't afford 5 or 6 or 12, I don't buy that many...period! and if some are influenced enough to do so and can't afford it, they should not be watching ANY home shopping channels...ever LOL JMO

@Krissy_1968 I hear you and am not trying to dissuade you or anyone else about DJ and his products. People like what they like but for me, I don't think he really is putting ingredients in any of these products anymore that put them into the category of high end skincare. For instance taking the 24 YPC cream and changing it to add glacier water. What does that do? No reputable dermatologist would look at that and say yeah, that ingredient is in the same category as hexapeptides or whatever. 

I tried his combo of nutri vitale cream and serum. The 2 chamber serum used up one side long before the other and then I couldn't get anything out of the other side. I contacted his CS (joke) and they said something like Oh, that's too bad. No offer to send another one, the cream was no more hydrating than a $5 jar of St Ives Collagen and Elastin repair creme. 

Really, the ingredients in skincare should be retinol, vitamin C, and spf in some form or other. I have begun changing over to Paula's Choice right now because I feel I can get 3-4 core products including her excellent cleaners and my skin looks good. and she's not bringing out gimmicky products all the time. I hope she doesn't. 

As for the buying multiples, I don't watch every beauty show but honestly I never heard any of them saying buy 5-6 multiples of a kit, at any of the shopping channels. And most of them are not on every month like he is. I've heard hosts here and there saying, stock up on these because they are not on auto delivery, but never heard the vendors say buy that many. If he says to buy that many kits in one month and says it;s a years worth of products, then what in the world would he say it again the next month for? Every month someone should buy a years worth of products? I do believe he knows that people buy multiples to break them up and sell on eBay and that to me, IDK, just doesn't sit right. Are you in the business to make good skincare for your customers, or help them start a business while you get rich? 

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 They only got to Dublin and Cork. I think Killarney looks so nice-I would like to get there someday.

Well, I don't know how else to say it. If a moisturizer is made to go into the skin and a sunscreen is made to sit on the skin, I think if you put them together the sunscreen is going to be drawn into the skin along with the moisturizer. That's my own personal opinion.

I think it was the coverfx guy on Evine who said they used to put spf in their products but they found people weren't happy with it because it changed the composition of their make up. Now they offer a sunscreen separately. I myself prefer it because most sunscreens out there aren't mineral sunscreens. Yes, it's another step but what're ya gonna do? Dimitri does have spf in his tinted moisturizers (if you can stand the awful shades) and he offers just a sunscreen.

Super Contributor

I started with Skinn in June and quickly jumped on the bandwagon. I really stocked up in July. Now that I have been using the products for awhile I am finding out which products I really love and which are getting the cord cut. 

I belive he tries to be too many things. He has some really good products and some meh The products that are good are really good. No company can can have 6 million good products and I see a lot of the same complaints over and over and he needs to slow down and fix what is broken.  

I went home for Christmas and everyone was asking me what I was doing because my skin looked great. My BIL asked me how old  I was LOL and I attribute it to SKINN and Retin A.