Regular Contributor

I am demanding to see where each makeup , skin care, shampoo, or anything else that is to be used on my body is made, or I promise I won’t buy it at QVC anymore.  I can go into Sephora or Ulta and look at the product there to fine out where it’s made.  QVC doesn’t want to tell us anymore!!!!  I find that that is a way of hiding something from us, and I don’t like it!!!

Honored Contributor

Okay, good luck with your demand.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

They just say the item is imported, I think we all know where it's imported from.

Honored Contributor

I don't know why but it seems like if it's made in Italy then sellers are usually proud to say so. But if it's from China ...then not so much and it becomes just 'imported'. Beats me.

Honored Contributor

Walking into the Ulta near me is dangerous!    Last time I was there,  the carpeting was as filthy as any I've ever seen. The place was disorganized and the clerks showed no inclination to provide any assistance.

I hope the Ulta you can go to to read the labels is much cleaner.

Honored Contributor

I believe it says imported because it's from multiple countries.  Sounds like shopping locally would be a better option for you.

Esteemed Contributor

I think one of the best ways to see where a product is made is to use google images as it's likely that there are photos of the products on the internet. Also ask people here as they may own what you are asking info about and can tell you.

Ulta's website is good about listing the ingredient deck.

Trusted Contributor

If it's such a big deal to you, go the products web site.  You should be able to find it there, or you'll find a way to contact them.

Trusted Contributor

@Flady1

I never really cared until I saw where the fish I was eating came from and WOW! what a shocker!!!

I look now... but not always with makeup as much as my skin care since I'm not out and about as much daily now wearing full face makeup. .

BUT used all my life... God only knows what my has penetrated my skin! Sooo many horrible things from China (mostly) with zero regulations...fillers with things we have no idea what they are or came from and they lie....as if there's a lab checking all the makeup and such when you look at Ulta it's a plethora of makeup and do not think it's all good as I know you don't.

Just check labels in person! It's all you can do.

And to think we women - now many men pay and arm and a leg for these things! But we as a nation consumed it and simply allowed it just as the USA was sold out to China ages ago and they are the superpower we have nary any businesses here in the USA. Very sad.

I'd buy in person - it's really one can do.

Agree with Sillime..they never say China but when it comes to Italy oh my! how fab (lol)..it does seem a heck of a lot better though...to me as well.

I noticed Q doesn't show ingredients like before as much and descriptions are much less lately on their product page..they used to be longer on most items and more informative! not now. I wanted to know what was in the cookies I bought from David's Cookies that just came....nothing listed. My own fault. Thought maybe there would be in insert? Nada! Found out it has no butter on reviews but margarine is ued and other junk....reviwers said. My 1st food order and my last. Can't send back cookies that came in dry ice. grrrrr

My best. I hear ya. We should KNOW what we buy and where online always.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Valued Contributor

Once I asked on the IT website if a contour kit was made in China.I never got an answer and I ordered it anyway.

It was made in China.

Whenever I recieve and open a new item,I check where it is from.I am an Italian immigrant and I spend all my summers there so I know cosmetics made in my country are fine.However, Chinese immigrants are opening tons of factories and stores in Italy, so they can say their products are made in Italy.