Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO WITH "USELESS" MAKEUP?

@Drythe wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I toss it. I ordered some Revlon peach lipstick and blush from Amazon recently. I thought it was an inexpensive way to try some warm colors. Both looked strange...I realize Way Bandy was right forty plus years ago when he told me no one has peach lips in nature nor do they blush peach.😀

@Trinity11 

Way Bandy?  

Now I am envious.  Had such a little girl crush on him.  Would love to have had a consult with him.

That (*&#) epidemic lead me to go into health care and Public Health.

He was soft spoken and was gifted. Everything he told me back then on how to apply makeup, I still do to this day. No garish blush and he told me I needed no bronzer because I had a porcelain complexion. He labeled my complexion cool, long before anyone was talking about undertones. And he showed me how to apply eye makeup where your eyes stand out and not the shadow, liner or mascara. I watched a fashion show for Fall 2022 from Ralph Lauren recently and the makeup application looked quite the same after all these years later.

Thank you @Drythe for dedicating your life to such a worthy cause. I lost numerous friends to that dreaded disease. 

Honored Contributor

Save the Samples!  Mom took probably 1/3 of my stash.

samples.jpg

Honored Contributor

Old makeup goes in the trash.

I don't want anyone to get sick.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Old makeup goes in the trash.

I don't want anyone to get sick.

@ECBG 

Yeah, I've tossed several things ....  I just stopped wearing most makeup with the lockdown, and then got comfortable wearing less on some days.  Maybe I'll buy some new things, but the mood hasn't hit yet.  

Honored Contributor

I throw the stuff away, old stuff I no longer use nor want, makeup and facial creams, serums, lothions that I no longer use. I may have upgraded (or so I like to think!). Not long ago I did another mass cleanout of a number of PTR stuff. Feels good to get rid of jars, bottles, tubes that now just collect dust in my cupboards.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I throw the stuff away, old stuff I no longer use nor want, makeup and facial creams, serums, lothions that I no longer use. I may have upgraded (or so I like to think!). Not long ago I did another mass cleanout of a number of PTR stuff. Feels good to get rid of jars, bottles, tubes that now just collect dust in my cupboards.

@PINKdogWOOD 

What a great attitude you have .....   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Save the Samples!  Mom took probably 1/3 of my stash.

samples.jpg

@monicakm 

I have never thought to look ... do most makeup samples have expiration dates on them?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

Not sure.  I've never sought out that information but I would think so.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 If I've had it a long time, It's going in the garbage.  Useless makeup goes in the garbage.  I'll get the stuff confused if I keep it on top of buying newer stuff.

Has all of your stuff been opened and tried?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Yes, I toss old and not used make up.  Only one skin or eye infection and it's something you'll never forget.  But I don't wear much make up anyway, especially eye make up but that's evolved over the years.  I love a little blush and a little lipstick and I make sure my eyebrows look as normal as I can get them and then that's it.  If I make some mistakes (I have recently) I'll throw the items away.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*