Occasional Contributor

Everyone should be aware before buying gallons that there are at least 2 class action lawsuits against wen filed this yr citing hair loss sores and other issues. Just be aware. These are not inexpensive products and if you don't have virgin hair be prepared to purchase oils and remoist as well as other styling aids to get even decent results. I use fig but cannot use any other wen formula or hair virtually destroyed crossed dried and only solution a haircut. Also there is a buildup on scalp as well as hair which requires periodic regardless shampoo. I can hear you yelling at me. I didn't believe my hairdresser either. But it is true. Been using wen for 3 yrs. Never had fabulous hair from it. Fig is good but have to use remoist frequently to get decent results. Cleanser does not replace all other products. That is truly hype which makes me wonder about what else is not true? Pls don't reply with anger. Just my opinion. You don't have to agree. I passed on gallon this yr.

Occasional Contributor

Everyone should be aware before buying gallons that there are at least 2 class action lawsuits against wen filed this yr citing hair loss sores and other issues. Just be aware. These are not inexpensive products and if you don't have virgin hair be prepared to purchase oils and remoist as well as other styling aids to get even decent results. I use fig but cannot use any other wen formula or hair virtually destroyed crossed dried and only solution a haircut. Also there is a buildup on scalp as well as hair which requires periodic regardless shampoo. I can hear you yelling at me. I didn't believe my hairdresser either. But it is true. Been using wen for 3 yrs. Never had fabulous hair from it. Fig is good but have to use remoist frequently to get decent results. Cleanser does not replace all other products. That is truly hype which makes me wonder about what else is not true? Pls don't reply with anger. Just my opinion. You don't have to agree. I passed on gallon this yr.

Respected Contributor

the Biolage cleansing conditioners are fantastic and they wash out easier then regular shampoo/conditioner.  I do not use the one for my hair type(fine) i use the medium/curly.  the curly one gives you a deep clean and light conditioning and the medium one cleans well and conditions deeply 

Occasional Contributor

I have fine pin straight hair that is long and oily. If your hair comes out greasy, you are more than likely not using enough product and not adding the splashes of water and emulsifying it on your scalp BEFORE the final rinsing. The first time I tried Wen several years ago, I did not like it because like you my hair was greasy after using but now I use it correctly and it cleanses thoroughly if you follow the directions. It is a must to do all the steps. 

Contributor

Absolutely, you must follow directions.  You must rinse thoroughly.  As with any product, if you do not rinse thoroughly, it can clog your pores.  I have been  using Wen products for years and will NOT use anything else.  It's just common sense.

Honored Contributor

@Newu wrote:

Hi, Camsep....just curious. Why do you keep using WEN if it doesn't give you what you want? If I wasn't getting good results with a product I don't think I would continue to use it, especially if it is expensive. If you feel strongly about the class action suits having merit, enough to warn people, I also wonder why you continue with the product.

Not caring for a product or being fearful of ill effects from the use of it is one thing. But your actions (continuing to use the product) are diametrically opposed to your words (warning people against it). Maybe I'm just not understanding your message completely, and if so I apologize for getting it wrong.  Smiley Indifferent

Respected Contributor

@lisrobreib wrote:

I'm sorry, I don';t get the Hype.   I was... I rinse... I rinse again... End result, greasy hair !  

@lisrobreib wrote:

I'm sorry, I don';t get the Hype.   I was... I rinse... I rinse again... End result, greasy hair !  

I never liked wen cleansing conditioners and i tried them all except the bamboo and the italian fig. I decided out of the blue to try it and I think I like it. yes I am shocked. LOL  I used it as a conditioner only on my midshaft and ends and it acted like a deep conditioning treatment.  i still prefer the matix cc's and regular shampoo but This i will probbaly use as a conditioner only. 

Contributor

ITA re: following the directions.

In late 2009, I ordered the try it set that contained two 16-oz. bottles of cleansing conditioner, styling creme and replenishing treatment mist.  I could not see using the recommended amounts as I'd be finished one bottle within a week (very cost-intensive).  Of course, my hair looked terrible!  I put it to the side and went back to regular shampoo.

Fast forward to about six months later, when I was getting ready to toss products I was not using.  I figured since I spent the money, I may as well finish it up.  I used at least the amount in the directions, and my hair looked fantastic!  I quickly ordered more so I wouldn't run out.

My hair only has regular shampoo touch it when I get my hair cut, about once every two or three months.  I will never give up my Wen again!

Trusted Contributor

I read through the comments from women joining the class action suit.  Not only are they complaining of different kinds of alopecia ( balding) with different etiologies they blame Chaz for Guthie Renker's dishonest billing practices.  I hope Chaz's attorneys don't encourage him to settle the cases.  While it is far less costly to settle out of court, the damage to one's reputation is permanent.  (Ask any obstetrician)  

My first WEN experience was less than stellar. By sheer coincidence, while searching Beautipedia, I learned that the source of the stinging, burning , irritation I experienced with the core WEN formulas was menthol and/or peppermint, and eucalyptus   Then Bamboo Green Tea, the formula Chaz uses in his salons on all clients was offered on QVC.  BGT , as you know,  is a more intensely conditioning, menthol free, nut free formula. My hair was treated to the conditioning benefits without the irritants and responds to this formula and to Six Thirteen with manageability, increased tensile strength and rapid growth .  I haven't had hair this full and strong since my mother cared for it and that involved stuff like castille soap and vinegar yuk! , irons in the fire and hour upon hour of torture.

WENners are fanatics because some of us have spent fortunes , expended hordes of time and effort searching for the right combination of products.  WEN , in comparison to the four product routine I thought was the solution to haircare, is INEXPENSIVE ! a bargain.  I'll save enough to splurge on shoes for goodness sake. 

Respected Contributor

@CoG wrote:

I read through the comments from women joining the class action suit.  Not only are they complaining of different kinds of alopecia ( balding) with different etiologies they blame Chaz for Guthie Renker's dishonest billing practices.  I hope Chaz's attorneys don't encourage him to settle the cases.  While it is far less costly to settle out of court, the damage to one's reputation is permanent.  (Ask any obstetrician)  

My first WEN experience was less than stellar. By sheer coincidence, while searching Beautipedia, I learned that the source of the stinging, burning , irritation I experienced with the core WEN formulas was menthol and/or peppermint, and eucalyptus   Then Bamboo Green Tea, the formula Chaz uses in his salons on all clients was offered on QVC.  BGT , as you know,  is a more intensely conditioning, menthol free, nut free formula. My hair was treated to the conditioning benefits without the irritants and responds to this formula and to Six Thirteen with manageability, increased tensile strength and rapid growth .  I haven't had hair this full and strong since my mother cared for it and that involved stuff like castille soap and vinegar yuk! , irons in the fire and hour upon hour of torture.

WENners are fanatics because some of us have spent fortunes , expended hordes of time and effort searching for the right combination of products.  WEN , in comparison to the four product routine I thought was the solution to haircare, is INEXPENSIVE ! a bargain.  I'll save enough to splurge on shoes for goodness sake. 

BGT is not menthol free. Only the Kids formulas are.