Super Contributor
Does anyone use WEN just as your second step conditioner after you shampoo with a regular shampoo? If so, I’d love to hear your experience and results doing this.
Regular Contributor

Re: WEN just as a conditioner

Currently I'm using Tweak'd shampoo and conditioner, but use a pump from a 32oz bottle in combo with Tweak'd conditioner in my routine. I feel that it makes my hair more "slippery" so I don't lose as much hair when combing it through.  I also use a pump as a leave in conditioner before getting out of the shower and wrapping it in a towel.

It took me a good solid two weeks of using the Tweak'd shampoo to get it to finally break through the coating of WEN on my hair from years of exclusive use to eventually get it to "suds" up. 

My color is actually lasting longer with this combo than it did with WEN alone.  I'm able to go 16 wks between high/low lights, partially due to my gray that's coming in is a bright gray, so it blends well with the color choices for the high/low lights. The ends don't lose any color at all.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@StillRachB 

I use WEN as a conditioner only.

My hair  is super fine and thin.

Wen is the only "conditioner " that I can use that doesn't make my hair oily and flat.

Trusted Contributor

@skincaremaven .....may I ask, what Wen conditioner do you use?  I have thin/fine hair as well.  TIA.

Valued Contributor

I use WEN as a conditioner on my ends every day. And after my hair is washed, put a dab of it on the ends right before coming out of the shower. 

Respected Contributor

About 6 months ago, I actually did start doing this. I was using wen exclusively but I have shoulder length wavy hair and it was getting too expensive. So, I had about 4 inches lobbed off and started using the Biolage line and Nexxis. While they are pricy as well, it lasts 4 times as long as I only need one or two pumps of shampoo.  I use wen lavender because it really blows up my waves when I let it air dry.  It also gives me a nice finish if I decide to blow it out. I do color my hair but wen didnt really extend the color any longer. For me, what I am using now gives me the same results. I only color 3 times a year at the salon and hit the roots with Root Rescue in between.  I really like wen as a conditioner and I too sometimes leave a bit in on the ends.

Super Contributor

I have used WEN exclusively as both cleanser and conditioner for about 9 years.

Thanks to Covid, March of 2020 I decided to let my gray hair grow in and I've been using WEN mostly as the conditioning step. I like to use a shampoo meant for gray hair and WEN has Bella Spirit Indigo that I have tried for that purpose but I'm not wild about it.

So now I just use another purple shampoo and any WEN conditioner that I want and it works beautifully this way.