Honored Contributor

I was just browsing an Ulta flyer that came in the mail and noticed a lot of new brands.  Or, maybe it's just that my Ulta doesn't carry those brands?  I havent been in the store in several months so I'll have to check it out.  Anybody know if NARS is now available at all Ulta stores?  That was one of the brands in the flyer and it was not available in my store before.  I still may go to the mini Sephora to get my Nars since that's where I had to go to get it in the first place.....just because. 

Valued Contributor

I haven't been to my ULTA is awhile. I tend to go at the holidays and order online throughout the year. Not sure about Nars, but many times my store would be out, yet I could order online. I wish thyey'd put more in stores but ordering off the website is fine by me.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I was just browsing an Ulta flyer that came in the mail and noticed a lot of new brands.  Or, maybe it's just that my Ulta doesn't carry those brands?  I havent been in the store in several months so I'll have to check it out.  Anybody know if NARS is now available at all Ulta stores?  That was one of the brands in the flyer and it was not available in my store before.  I still may go to the mini Sephora to get my Nars since that's where I had to go to get it in the first place.....just because. 

If you go to store locator, some of the stores list what prestige brands are in their stores. 

Go to Ulta website, click on find store, put your zip code into the search bar & stores come up. Go to specific store, click on > & the search by brand will show up. You can search for NARS there. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

My Sephora at JC Penney carries all the Nars products.  That's where I bought mine. 

You could always call your local Ulta and ask if they carry the brand you're looking for.  My Ulta doesn't carry as many brands as the one 30 minutes away keeps in stock.  The last time I went to my local Ulta, it was like I'd walked into a Kardashian shop.  Seems they've stopped carrying a lot of things to make way for the K items.  Kim's and Kylie's things are where Smashbox and Urban Decay used to be.

Esteemed Contributor

Not all Ulta stores carry every brand the store actually has in their warehouses.  You can check in-store inventory for Nars and (any product on Ulta's site) by typing your zip code in the box thats reads "Store Availability."  Being in Chicago there are several stores in and close to my zip code, so the search doesn't have to stretch too far for me, but for those who don't have as many options, and/or the closest store is greater than 5 miles, I think it renders results up to 20 miles. 

Trusted Contributor

My local Ulta carries Nars. I'm in NJ. I like their concealer. 

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

If you go to store locator, some of the stores list what prestige brands are in their stores. 

Go to Ulta website, click on find store, put your zip code into the search bar & stores come up. Go to specific store, click on > & the search by brand will show up. You can search for NARS there. 

@JustJazzmom , just did that and found out there's another store near me I wasn't aware of...and it carries NARS although the one closer to me that I normally use does not.  I knew they had built a new store close to where my hairdresser is, but I rarely get to that area except for hair appointments. But, I wasn't aware of the other one.  I guess when I'm driving in that area I'm not looking around becasue of traffic.  Guell I'll have to go check it out.

Honored Contributor

I have spent a fortune at Ultas.  I take my 2 teenage granddaughters there.

They pick out what they want (rather, I should say, what their 'influencers on the internet" say they should buy!

I seldom leave there without spending almost $200 per visit.

Just one of those eye shadow thingys can cost $50!

The last time I was there my granddaughter said, (this is a quote), "Grandma, Mom said I must use my gift cards".  

And so she whipped them out...Ha!  One was 'used up" and the other had $25 on it.

I don't care.  It's a way I can thank my daughter for all she does for me.  She won't let me pay her so I take the girls shoe shopping and we go to the book store and Ulta.

They're wonderful girls.  I love spending time with them.  We've done something similar since they were very young (minus Ulta).

Funny thing is one wears very little makeup and the other wears it perfectly and looks amazing....not 'over done'.

I've always loved makeup too.  So, when I go I'll get one or two little things (i.e. Benefit brow, a lipstick).

I enjoy watching these ladies come in and get makeup applied.

I'm a germ-a-phobe.  I don't care how carefully those things have been 'cleaned' before me....I won't use them.

I get a kick out of people telling me I don't look my age.  They laugh when I say, "I paint 'it' up".  But I'm totally serious.  

Most people don't think about the fact that a young person looks young because they don't have any age spots on their face....I wear makeup to cover up any spots, etc.

Anyone can look younger than they are if they take time to put on the makeup.

If you don't want to take the time, don't worry about it, but I'm just saying anyone can look younger with some makeup.

I know you ladies who wear makeup like I do would agree.  It takes a few minutes to put some on.

I find it makes me feel better going out in the world.  

I like the saying, "If you haven't tried 'it' ..... don't knock 'it'"

Valued Contributor

I'm in NJ and the local Ulta carry NARS but not everything from the line like my local Sephora. I find that this is the case with several brands. 

Honored Contributor

I did notice that Nordstrom & the NARS website carry the eyeshadow duos. I was interested in a few & read Temptalia’s blog about the ones I wanted. Just put the brand & colors in the search line on her blog, & you can read the reviews. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼