Respected Contributor

I rarely use ULTA.  Way too expensive, and carry very little stock.  Lucky for me, Sephora is close as well, so that's who gets my cash.  ULTA by me has to have the worst CS ever.  They stand and visit with each other and if you try to ask a question, it's a big sigh and an answer, but won't show you where, just wave their hands in a general direction.  Sephora always treats me nicely and acts like they are happy to see me.

Honored Contributor

Generally, I like my Ulta.  I was just disappointed they don't do samples.  Foundation is somthing you really need to try out yourself in the conditions you live in.

The other items I couldn't find was a Matrix product, and they carry a full line of Matrix; and I was surprised they apparently don't carry Pantene.  I was wanting to get a hairspray that is supposedly Curly Girly friendly.

The Sephora we have is just a small store, so it doesn't carry everything a full Sephora would, mostly just skincare and makeup.  They have only a few haircare products.

Honored Contributor

I don't like Ulta at all either.  Have one close to me and no Sephora, but I prefer to order from Sephora website.  The staff at Ulta seem to have "attitude"--maybe because I'm a senior citizen or?  They aren't helpful either.  I very seldom go into the store.  

Contributor

I was at Ulta yesterday for probably my last time. Waiting In line which was long so I got to watch many people in front of me.At the end of the check out counter was a display of some of Mally lipsticks.I witnessed a women take 3 lipsticks out of the package try them on her lips and return to the original package.A employee witnessed this.I questioned this and she said it happens all the time.Not sure about you but I do not want to buy a lipstick that someone has used.

Trusted Contributor

Gee, I love our ulta, it’s always stocked well and neat, sales people are very nice ...my only gripe is with their own brand...every time I find an ulta brand product I fall in love with, it gets discontinued. 

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

Many products on Ulta's website allow to check for availability in the Ulta store where you shop. There are some instances where this option isn't available. It's helpful before makinga special trip to the store.

But beware.  I did that to make sure they had the shade of foundation I wanted.  Showed yes they did at my store.  Nope.  So that they show it is in stock doesn't mean it really is.

Trusted Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

Many products on Ulta's website allow to check for availability in the Ulta store where you shop. There are some instances where this option isn't available. It's helpful before makinga special trip to the store.

But beware.  I did that to make sure they had the shade of foundation I wanted.  Showed yes they did at my store.  Nope.  So that they show it is in stock doesn't mean it really is.

This has happened to me multiple times for multiple Ulta stores.  While I like the feature that let's you check for stock, it's extremely frustrating when it's incorrect as often as it's correct.

Valued Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

I rarely use ULTA.  Way too expensive, and carry very little stock.  Lucky for me, Sephora is close as well, so that's who gets my cash.  ULTA by me has to have the worst CS ever.  They stand and visit with each other and if you try to ask a question, it's a big sigh and an answer, but won't show you where, just wave their hands in a general direction.  Sephora always treats me nicely and acts like they are happy to see me.

I agree with you 100% @brandiwine, Sephora is my Disneyworld, lol...  Heart

Honored Contributor

There is a brand new Ulta 5 minutes from me, and there is also a new one about 25 minutes from me......They are both very nice, clean and organized, but I also hate that they don't offer samples.....

The nearest Sephora to me is inside a JCP and it is about 35 minutes away, so I always get samples when I am there.....

I no longer go to the Brow Bar at Ulta, because I feel for the price the job is just mediocre...I pay less and get a better wax at my Nail Salon!

Honored Contributor

I don't shop at either one often.  I prefer Sephora because they carry all the top brands.  

kindness is strength