Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Laser skin tightening of the skin on my neck worked for me. I started getting some sagging, "tree rings", crepiness and a slight gobble when I first went in for the procedure. After treatments, I no longer have the tree rings, crepiness and sagging. The slight gobble is vastly improved, but not completely gone. This would take going under the knife which I refuse to do. Laser tightening is not for everyone and is recommended for light to moderate skin laxity. I'm 61 now and I had it done when I was around 50. Still looks good.

@SilleeMee   what's the name of the laser tightening treatment that you had?  did you have the treatment with a plastic surgeon?  Derm?  or ?

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Laser skin tightening of the skin on my neck worked for me. I started getting some sagging, "tree rings", crepiness and a slight gobble when I first went in for the procedure. After treatments, I no longer have the tree rings, crepiness and sagging. The slight gobble is vastly improved, but not completely gone. This would take going under the knife which I refuse to do. Laser tightening is not for everyone and is recommended for light to moderate skin laxity. I'm 61 now and I had it done when I was around 50. Still looks good.

@SilleeMee   what's the name of the laser tightening treatment that you had?  did you have the treatment with a plastic surgeon?  Derm?  or ?

@moonandthestars,

I went to a laser clinic where there are several derms and plastic surgeons. My treatments were done by a derm who specializes in cosmetic laser treatments. He used a YAG laser on me for a total of six sessions, one per month for six months. I also had my face and eyes done at the same time.

Trusted Contributor

My doctor, in the Kansas City area, does a Quick Lift for the neck area..She does it under twilight and it runs around $5,000. Also does Ultherapy, which is a laser tighening.  A cream will not lift neck bands only keep it hydrated which does help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Turkey Neck! Yikes

[ Edited ]

@Phantom41 wrote:

My doctor, in the Kansas City area, does a Quick Lift for the neck area..She does it under twilight and it runs around $5,000. Also does Ultherapy, which is a laser tighening.  A cream will not lift neck bands only keep it hydrated which does help.

Ultherapy is ultrasound, not a laser. At the time I went for a consultation, the Ulthera procedure was presented to me as an option. But I declined because it was still too new on the market at that time. It has improved since then.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Phantom41 wrote:

Ultherapy is ultrasound, not a laser. At the time I went for a consultation, the Ulthera procedure was presented to me as an option. But I declined because it was still too new on the market at that time. It has improved since then.

You're right, it's ultrasound!  I saw the ad for it when I was in her office. 

Frequent Contributor

Had to chime in when I saw someone mention Ultherapy.

PLEASE research that procedure.  I read RealSelf sometimes (an online plastic surgery forum) and so many people regret having that done.  It sounds like it melts the fat away and leaves people looking slack and wrinkled even worse

Valued Contributor

Its what I figured. I don't want to go through surgery. Just wonder what brought it on.

I did Google Turkey neck and the photos are not what I have. I have a skinny neck with lines which go down from chin to chest. In that direction.

I don't have rings or sags which I see in the photo. I'll try to post a photo of myself if I can figure out how to do it.

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I should try some sort of exercise or something!

Jane.jpg

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am feeling ya, but I prefer to call it "tech neck". I too have always had a  very slim face, same ballerina look, still do too and somebody even told me I look gaunt, lol. But If the chin isnt up, OMG, we got some extra action going on there and I want it gone. Plus gaining weight wont help, lol.

How do I console myself, well I look at a picture of me with my new baby almost 33 years ago, looking down at him I had a nice double chin. LOl...so I just look  like I did pregnant.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ceci I personally think your neck looks fine- you should feel so fortunate to have such a lovely neck at age 68! Is it the same as when you were, say 25? Probabaly not, but it is still a lovely neck. There are many woman who are 20 and 30 years younger than you that would love to have your neck! Remember we are our own worst critics! 

Honored Contributor

I would be proud to have your neck, @Ceci.