Honored Contributor

Re: Transfer resistent foundation

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Another thing you can try is a setting spray. That goes on lastly and will help keep things in place over the course of the day. 

@SilleeMee  I've always been tempting by a setting spray.  Do you have a brand you love and would suggest?  I have dry, hyper (understatement) sensitive skin.  Thank You!  

@Misplaced Parisian 

Yes, I do have one I like to use. Milani's Make It Last is very good and affordably priced at under $10. That one is a 3-in-1 super-fine spry mist where it is a primer, mattifying and setting product all in one. It's waterproof so you'll need to use a cleanser, not just water, to get it off. Also, this product does contain some alcohol but that helps dissipate the product on your skin so it dries fast, otherwise you'd be left with wet skin. 

This is how to use it (from MilaniCosmetics dot com):

"Start your makeup routine by misting this waterproof makeup setting spray on clean and dry skin. Shake well and hold at least 10 inches from your face. Then apply makeup as usual. After makeup is applied, spray Make it Last Setting spray all over your face to set makeup and mattify your look. For best results, use spray both before and after makeup application. Make it Last is made for the long-haul; our setting spray can keep your makeup look locked for up to 16 hours."

9fb18dfd7b314919b597586f693f2f33_.jpg

It's top-rated.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Another thing you can try is a setting spray. That goes on lastly and will help keep things in place over the course of the day. 

@SilleeMee  For brides, photos, I use setting spray before before and after foundation. It acts like a "glue" to keep foundation on longer...sandwiched between layers of a light spray. 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thank you for your suggestion and the way to apply it.  I will give this a try.

@Shanus  Thanks for telling us how you do brides so the makeup lasts even longer.  Some days I work over 16 hours during legislative sessions.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thank you for your suggestion and the way to apply it.  I will give this a try.

@Shanus  Thanks for telling us how you do brides so the makeup lasts even longer.  Some days I work over 16 hours during legislative sessions.

@Misplaced Parisian @SilleeMee   You're welcome. Happy Thanksgiving. 🦃 

Honored Contributor

Thank you! Heart @Shanus 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!

Trusted Contributor

I use revlon colorstay. There is a formula for every skin. I notice when I use another foundation, it transfers. I never notice that with colorstay. 

Have a great day everyone. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus Thank you.  Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours.

Esteemed Contributor

A setting spray is a great thing to help makeup last, but the foundation has to be good to begin with.  I recommend Estee Lauder's DoubleWear.  I an spend the day at an outdoor event in Ls Vegas in the middle of summer wearing DoubleWear without touching up my face.  I do use primer and a little transclucent setting powder (I like Laura Mercier's and Too Faced Born This Way).  I have used setting sprays, but the foundations that I would list as my favorites last on me without the spray.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee  I've always been tempting by a setting spray.  Do you have a brand you love and would suggest?  I have dry, hyper (understatement) sensitive skin.  Thank You!  

@Misplaced Parisian 

Yes, I do have one I like to use. Milani's Make It Last is very good and affordably priced at under $10. That one is a 3-in-1 super-fine spry mist where it is a primer, mattifying and setting product all in one. It's waterproof so you'll need to use a cleanser, not just water, to get it off. Also, this product does contain some alcohol but that helps dissipate the product on your skin so it dries fast, otherwise you'd be left with wet skin. 

This is how to use it (from MilaniCosmetics dot com):

"Start your makeup routine by misting this waterproof makeup setting spray on clean and dry skin. Shake well and hold at least 10 inches from your face. Then apply makeup as usual. After makeup is applied, spray Make it Last Setting spray all over your face to set makeup and mattify your look. For best results, use spray both before and after makeup application. Make it Last is made for the long-haul; our setting spray can keep your makeup look locked for up to 16 hours."

9fb18dfd7b314919b597586f693f2f33_.jpg

It's top-rated.

@SilleeMee   Many setting sprays have similar ingredients. You can go drugstore or high end. When I get discount codes or sales, I prefer MAC setting spray in lg. size and transfer to small spray bottle (fine spray nozzle) at my vanity just for convenience & as a space saver. I find the UD one too sticky. 

***Do all makeup except mascara, spray & let set before applying mascara last.