Respected Contributor

Transfer resistent foundation

Can anyone recommend a foundation that is truly transfer resistent? I am so tired of my foundation coming off every time I bump or touch my face. 

I prefer drugstore if possible, but I am open to all suggestions. I am light with neutral undertones, skin is combo to mostly dry, worse of course in the winter.

I do have Everyday Minerals powder foundation here which is the best I have for staying on, so I'm looking for a liquid or compact.

I've tried numerous primers and honesty can't tell a difference with any of them, so I won't use those. Plus I don't want to add another layer.

Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

Re: Transfer resistent foundation

@rnmom wrote:

Can anyone recommend a foundation that is truly transfer resistent? I am so tired of my foundation coming off every time I bump or touch my face. 

I prefer drugstore if possible, but I am open to all suggestions. I am light with neutral undertones, skin is combo to mostly dry, worse of course in the winter.

I do have Everyday Minerals powder foundation here which is the best I have for staying on, so I'm looking for a liquid or compact.

I've tried numerous primers and honesty can't tell a difference with any of them, so I won't use those. Plus I don't want to add another layer.

Thanks in advance!

@rnmom   Good morning. Sometimes it's not the foundation as much as the slip caused by the products applied underneath. Try a different moisturizer with less oil or an spf that doesn't add a second layer of moisture. Check your moisturizer's label for any silicone like ingredients. Hope this is helpful. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus -Good morning!  Thank you for the recommendation. I only use one layer in the morning, Andalou Naturals daily moisturizer with SPF 18 and honestly, I can't see myself switching from it. I've been using it for several years and I really like it, but you're right, it might be too heavy. I will keep that in mind and might consider changing it up, thanks. 

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@Shanus -Good morning!  Thank you for the recommendation. I only use one layer in the morning, Andalou Naturals daily moisturizer with SPF 18 and honestly, I can't see myself switching from it. I've been using it for several years and I really like it, but you're right, it might be too heavy. I will keep that in mind and might consider changing it up, thanks. 

@rnmom   Try allowing extra time for your favorite moisturizer to sink in and dry down. When applying foundation, work in lighter layers until the desired coverage is achieved. That also helps with less transfer. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you! I appreciate the tips!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another thing you can try is a setting spray. That goes on lastly and will help keep things in place over the course of the day. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@rnmom   Try allowing extra time for your favorite moisturizer to sink in and dry down. When applying foundation, work in lighter layers until the desired coverage is achieved. That also helps with less transfer. 

@rnmom  I want to echo @Shanus  advice about dry time.  I'm impatient, especially in the morning and was rushing the application of layers.  Once I allowed my moisturizer to completely dry everything went better (oh so much better).  Suggestion is to allow your base layer to completely dry and see if that doesn't minimize the slippage/transfer.  Good luck, sweetie.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Another thing you can try is a setting spray. That goes on lastly and will help keep things in place over the course of the day. 

@SilleeMee  I've always been tempting by a setting spray.  Do you have a brand you love and would suggest?  I have dry, hyper (understatement) sensitive skin.  Thank You!  

Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@rnmom  I want to echo @Shanus  advice about dry time.  I'm impatient, especially in the morning and was rushing the application of layers.  Once I allowed my moisturizer to completely dry everything went better (oh so much better).  Suggestion is to allow your base layer to completely dry and see if that doesn't minimize the slippage/transfer.  Good luck, sweetie.

@Misplaced Parisian   Bonjour mon ami. Sometimes when really rushing, I use the cold setting on my dryer for a few seconds before foundation. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian   Bonjour mon ami. Sometimes when really rushing, I use the cold setting on my dryer for a few seconds before foundation. 

@Shanus Bonjour mon amie!  I hope the world is treating you gently.

OMG!  That is brilliant.  I don't know why I didn't think of that.  MERCI! I will be using this abfab trick.