Respected Contributor

I feel horrible for Tova. Passed over again for a philiosphy TSV while she is relegated to 2am shows that seem to be diminishing every year. Poor Tova has no leverage since she sold her company to QVC. If QVC isn't going to do it justice, they should just let Tova move on so she can sell elsewhere. The elegant Tova is close to 80 years old and deserves to be treated better.

Esteemed Contributor

We don't know the entire story.  Since she no longer owns it, perhaps she doesn't even care.  Or perhaps it was her idea.  I am wondering also how high her prices have become.  Time zone also might have something to do with it.

Honored Contributor

I remain a fan of her scents.

Valued Contributor

Love Tova but her scents don't smell like they used to. They are kind of watered down. 

Contributor

I was a big fan years ago of the Tova Signature scent. This was truly my signature scent.  I would get compliments from both men and women whenever I wore it. It was a truly lovely scent and I still miss it to this day.  But, unfortunately the scent changed for the worst. The current product doesn't sell as well as the original once did and that is why Tova is designated to 2:00 AM shows. Make a quality product that people want and then you'll get the primetime spots to sell it on QVC. Tova no longer makes a quality Signature perfume,

Esteemed Contributor

QVC should insist that original formulas be used on all perfumes that they sell.  They have the power to do so.  Tova's signature fragrance is all that I wore for years but it no longer is the same product.  Tova probably does care, but when she sold her company, she lost control of the product.  At 80, she is probably past the point of worrying about it.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I wore Tova Signature and her other scents for years.  Also used her skincare and make-up.  Big fan.  I haven't purchased Tova's fragrances since she sold and I've read how they are not the same.  Philosophy's scents are not the same as they were before the company was sold, but they continue to do well on QVC.  They get so much air time and many TSVs every year.

Respected Contributor

Someone said she hasn't been able to acquire the same sandalwood oil she used in the 80s and 90s

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Someone said she hasn't been able to acquire the same sandalwood oil she used in the 80s and 90s

Right?! That's why Channel #5 same today as day of conception. Trust me, Reason Tova and PH no longer smell or last the same powers that own two companies choose using inferior fillers.
Respected Contributor

I like Philosophy, but wow, they beat it to death with the presentations. I'd much rather watch Tova. How much can you talk about Philosophy?  Give it a rest.