Valued Contributor
PS: I didn't expect to have to insert a * between 's' and 'x' !! Can't use the word cr*p either so how can we fully discuss PoopPourri?
Valued Contributor
On 6/21/2014 Pook said:

Doesn't bother me as that's the best way to show how good it is. I wouldn't have bought the Emjoi had I not seen the great demo on how it really does work. It would be an ineffective presentation without it.

If it turns your stomach no one is making you watch. I wouldn't want someone just telling me these things work as it would not be believable without showing it. How do you keep your feet looking good or your armpits free of hair if removing dead skin and callouses, removing armpit hair or chin hairs if it's so disgusting? You can't ignore these things. Seeing horrible looking heels and feet, armpit hair or chin hair on anyone out in public is way more gross!!

So many things seem to gross OP out - makes me wonder how she gets through life.

I've been long wondering the same thing my friend! Somehow I've managed well and without an Emjoi ! Perhaps the key is Humor to neutralize the Gross and Snarky. ;-)
Respected Contributor
On 6/21/2014 beautty said: Is anyone else totally grossed out by the Emjoi and dermabrasion demos??? They seem to be decent products but watching the skin bits fall from bare heels (& for 20 minutes!) turns my stomach. Why such gross close ups of the woman's red peeling skin as she tortures it with that PDM tool? What next? Oh yeah --- armpit laser hair removal and bad teeth "before" one of the lightening products. Any more??? Lots of fast forwarding on DVR and no desire for product no matter what. And don't show me someone plucking their chin hairs!!!! Blecchhh !! Just tell me & don't hurt my eyes!

I think people are more likely to try the product if it's demonstrated on someone who's not a model, who has most likely already been cleaned up and everything. that's not to insult the hosts or hostesses, but an item is more likely to sell if the host uses it and actually has callouses and dry skin on their feet. It wouldn't work if it was used on the feet of someone who's already put on lotion and such.

As gross as it might seem, it gets the point across. But it does seem like it would be a little painful and rough to use on dry feet.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor
Oh, and let's emphasize the skin shavings with a dark towel. I think we all get the message. Don't need to see it 10x on a wide screen tv repeatedly. Sell out! Hurry!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Regular Contributor
On 6/21/2014 gazelle77 said:

LOL! If you really want to see GROSS just go shopping at WalMart and see who shops there and how they look and dress. Really quite humorous and entertaining~ It is 100 times more disgusting than any dry skin on foot demo on QVC.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

The demonstration is the reason I purchased this item. It does not bother me. I'm assuming that Walmart comment includes you as well since you were a shopper too right?
Valued Contributor

does anyone remember the moose that pooped candy?

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Super Contributor
On 6/22/2014 evelomaddict said:

does anyone remember the moose that pooped candy?

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Not only do I remember that, I actually bought one for my parents as a joke gift!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

They thought it was hilarious! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Super Contributor
On 6/21/2014 beautty said: A gross image still burned in my brain --- fake-casual/kookie Shawn on couch at start of TNB with skirt pulled up over her knees and one bare leg bent up so she could (guess what?). SHOW US HER CALLOUSES THEN START SHAVING THEM OFF!! Close up was way too much for my big screen HD TV so I was in shock but watched to see how low it would go QVC actually let her demo as if we'd joined her in her bathroom!! No thanks and I didn't care about the product after that display. Is Q the channel that has very high "prudish" standards regarding slang or swearing or s*x talk? Makes no sense. The PooPourri has to go. I hear references to "standards" especially when Mally is on a roll (haha) so where are the boundaries?

This is 2014, not 1814. The days of verecundity are long gone (thank goodness!). I prefer to live in this era, and not in an era where women couldn't even show a bare ankle.

I think you are living in the wrong century if you expect no one to show bare feet, or to see someone cleaning up after their dog (don't look if it "grosses" you out!)

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Valued Contributor
On 6/22/2014 Yuban3 said:
On 6/21/2014 beautty said: A gross image still burned in my brain --- fake-casual/kookie Shawn on couch at start of TNB with skirt pulled up over her knees and one bare leg bent up so she could (guess what?). SHOW US HER CALLOUSES THEN START SHAVING THEM OFF!! Close up was way too much for my big screen HD TV so I was in shock but watched to see how low it would go QVC actually let her demo as if we'd joined her in her bathroom!! No thanks and I didn't care about the product after that display. Is Q the channel that has very high "prudish" standards regarding slang or swearing or s*x talk? Makes no sense. The PooPourri has to go. I hear references to "standards" especially when Mally is on a roll (haha) so where are the boundaries?

This is 2014, not 1814. The days of verecundity are long gone (thank goodness!). I prefer to live in this era, and not in an era where women couldn't even show a bare ankle.

I think you are living in the wrong century if you expect no one to show bare feet, or to see someone cleaning up after their dog (don't look if it "grosses" you out!)

Thanks for you ?words of wisdom which I won't take personally but I'd love to know the definition of the odd word "verecundity". Sounds like a 19th Century word a stern preacher might shout from his pulpit! I like the sound -- if you made it up Kudos! It's kinda s*xy! No more time for this chatting today --- I'm catching up on True Blood to prepare for Season (final) 7. :~€ . Continue offering your favorite Q gross outs y'all !!!
Super Contributor
On 6/22/2014 beautty said:
On 6/22/2014 Yuban3 said:

Thanks for you ?words of wisdom which I won't take personally but I'd love to know the definition of the odd word "verecundity". Sounds like a 19th Century word a stern preacher might shout from his pulpit! I like the sound -- if you made it up Kudos! It's kinda s*xy! No more time for this chatting today --- I'm catching up on True Blood to prepare for Season (final) 7. :~€ . Continue offering your favorite Q gross outs y'all !!!

Dictionary.com

verecundity