Esteemed Contributor
On 6/21/2014 willdob3 said:

OMGosh! It's not open heart surgery! It's just dry flakes of skin! lol...

My thoughts exactly.
Honored Contributor

I've been thinking about this... IMHO it isn't so much that it's gross, but it's personal. It's part of personal hygiene and I don't want to watch. But we've been SO conditioned by reality shows and anything goes that merely talking about an item like this, or reading the reviews isn't good enough, we have to get within 6 inches of the foot itself through talented camara work and watch exactly how it happens just like we were there! I think it's too personal for some of us. Yes, it seems to be a great product, but so are a ton of personal products that should be left in the bathroom.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor
On 6/21/2014 brii said:
On 6/21/2014 evelomaddict said:

this doesn't gross me out but josie fingering the whipped body butter does. i don't know why but it skeeves me out.

Really? LOL

I wonder why?

I love watching Josie. She is just perfect to demonstrate all the products.

Honored Contributor
On 6/21/2014 kabella said:
On 6/21/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 6/21/2014 kabella said:
On 6/21/2014 gazelle77 said:

LOL! If you really want to see GROSS just go shopping at WalMart and see who shops there and how they look and dress. Really quite humorous and entertaining~{#emotions_dlg.laugh} It is 100 times more disgusting than any dry skin on foot demo on QVC.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

I don't find your comment humorous or entertaining. I shop at Walmart for some groceries & save quite a bit & find a few cosmetics I like. Most people who do shop for clothes there is because its affordable for them. Not all people dress to my liking but I don't view them as discusting. Your comment is insulting to those who do shop there. OMG!

Perhaps they video taped you shopping? Have you looked at the footage?

Perhaps LOL!!! No and I have no interest in looking at the footage. I have seen bad taste in clothing & people who wear their clothes much too small for their size at Walmart & other women who shop in more expensive stores who I think have bad taste & some who dress just fine. When I do go to walmart its mainly for a few grocery items, I also shop at whole foods, & my local supermarket. I alway try to see the best in people, their taste is their own business.

kabella, you are one heck of a trooper for rising above the level of what was a truly ignorant insult directed right at you.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor
On 6/21/2014 champagnepoodle said:

Doesn't bother me at all. But POOPOURI reallllly does. YUK! I can not run fast enough for the remote with that product. YIkES!

Has to be one of the most disgusting commercials I have ever seen. Made me not want to buy the product if that company can be so tasteless. It's totally embarrassing. They need to hire new PR people.

Valued Contributor
On 6/21/2014 Q4u said:

I've been thinking about this... IMHO it isn't so much that it's gross, but it's personal. It's part of personal hygiene and I don't want to watch. But we've been SO conditioned by reality shows and anything goes that merely talking about an item like this, or reading the reviews isn't good enough, we have to get within 6 inches of the foot itself through talented camara work and watch exactly how it happens just like we were there! I think it's too personal for some of us. Yes, it seems to be a great product, but so are a ton of personal products that should be left in the bathroom.

YES! Well said and that's what was behind my "too graphic" point. How Walmart dominated the topic is a puzzle to me. Maybe another thread is better for that topic since its so heated! A N Y W A Y........I'm still curious to hear thoughts ON TOPIC. I'm into the psychology of selling --- what appeals or turns off. Love the variety of responses. Thanks!
Honored Contributor
On 6/21/2014 beautty said:
On 6/21/2014 Q4u said:

YES! Well said and that's what was behind my "too graphic" point. How Walmart dominated the topic is a puzzle to me. Maybe another thread is better for that topic since its so heated! A N Y W A Y........I'm still curious to hear thoughts ON TOPIC. I'm into the psychology of selling --- what appeals or turns off. Love the variety of responses. Thanks!
ITA-I understand the need to demo the product, but after a few minutes of the close up shots, and I change and channel. I don't watch many qvc programs, but Q must have alot of inventory of this callus remover as it's been feautured quite frequently, like daily. I seem to catch demos for this callus product just before a program that I want to watch. You captured my thoughts and opinion-Yuk! Will be glad when they finally sell out.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

you can buy the Emjoi at Costco without the demo; I used to hate seeing the Philosophy closeup of the hands in the bowl of lather....one more reason I no longer watch!

Honored Contributor

Neither bother me...at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Valued Contributor
A gross image still burned in my brain --- fake-casual/kookie Shawn on couch at start of TNB with skirt pulled up over her knees and one bare leg bent up so she could (guess what?). SHOW US HER CALLOUSES THEN START SHAVING THEM OFF!! Close up was way too much for my big screen HD TV so I was in shock but watched to see how low it would go QVC actually let her demo as if we'd joined her in her bathroom!! No thanks and I didn't care about the product after that display. Is Q the channel that has very high ""prudish"" standards regarding slang or swearing or s*x talk? Makes no sense. The PooPourri has to go. I hear references to ""standards"" especially when Mally is on a roll (haha) so where are the boundaries?