Honored Contributor

Re: Toni Brattin Wigs _ This is What I Wear!

@Oznell I didn't think they looked very dark on the models (and her) but then when she was standing over the wigs on the table and the camera was zeroing in on them and she was fanning them out....well...it just looked dark, but like you said, we will have to wait and see......

I've sent back all of those Hair-do QVC wigs they sell and actually ALL of the one's I've seen except for her (Toni Brattin's wigs).

Like I said, I wear one every time I go out.  I received the two new one's I'd bought from her website today.  It's the 3rd time I've worn the new one's.  They are shorter than the one's I'd originally ordered back on HSN and EVINE. 

I like the new one's because they are shiny and just look clean.  I do wash them like she says but after awhile they just don't shine like when they are new.

I think I'll try washing the old(er) one's with something made specifically for cleaning wigs.  It might be better.  It's crazy but it does make you realize how dirty the air outside is.  When I wash it in the sink you can see some of the water getting a little gray.  That's something you don't see when you wash your own hair.  It's not like it's black but it is noticeable.

Different but a little similar.  My daughter dated a young man she worked with on the 9/11 Fund way back a long time ago.  He was so good looking...(where was I?)  Ha!  Oh!  Yes!  Well his family was originally from India and his parents were both Drs.  His Dad was a Seek and at the age of 15 he'd decided he wanted to worship in that religion.  Anyway, he wore a turban.  She said when he took it off (because he hadn't cut his hair it was long and so beautiful, soft and like silk).  She said it was so healthy and silky because it had never been exposed to the dirt and pollution in the air.  Interesting, huh?

Honored Contributor

That's neat, @Annabellethecat66.  Shows what a number the pollution and all the gunk floating around does on our unprotected heads!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, I wanted to find this wig review by Taz on Raquel's "Pitch Perfect" in Shadow Shade Cream to show you.  This is the level of rooted color I could live with!  It's barely there! Taz doesn't seem to like it though b/c it is more "brassy" than "ash".  But I would take care of that handily by going over the root with a light taupe eyebrow pencil which I think would remedy the brassiness.

Anyway, it would be nice if Toni's rooting was as subtle as this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIw1AVSK2V4

Regular Contributor

Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences as well as the wig brands and YouTube sources.  I've seriously been considering purchasing a wig.  I am/was a natural redhead whose hair has now strangely darkened and turned to salt and pepper.  I tried coloring it, but developed an allergy to hair dye (and a multitude of other products).  Again, thank you for sharing.

Super Contributor

I just ordered a waitlist wig hoping to like it.  Good to see the plus size wigs as some could be too tight. 

Just have to share a wig take from the past.

Years ago my sister was dating her future husband.   She was running late and took a short cut in getting ready so she put on a wig.   Their date was to an amusement park specifically the fun house ride.   Need I say more...  The ride swooped down turning the car abruptly bumping her wig right off.   Next thing she was aware of the ride ending and out of the fun house Into the midst of a crowd.  Her hair was in old fashioned pin curls with bobby pins.  She was so embarassed!   Then management stopped the ride and turned on the lights so she could recover wig.  She found it in pieces with grease from the wheels of the car.  We still chuckle over this today.  

Respected Contributor

I would like to buy a wig since my hair is so thin on top but I can always tell when someone is wearing one.  I wish I could find one of real hair that is not so thick and in a style no one would ever be able to have other than in a wig. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell Well, I received all 7 (yes, 7) wigs.  and guess what!  They ALL have those ugly black roots.  I didn't even bring them in the house.....I put the return label on them and am sending every one of them back.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to wear a blond wig with long black roots.  I mean people sometimes will wear a wig when they haven't had their hair colored in awhile and have to attend something.

I'll just order from her website!  I should have known when I saw them on QVC but when they were on EVINE and HSN and her own website they didn't have those ugly black roots.

Anyway!  Just thought I'd let you know what I found out!  I guess some people like them but I don't....at all.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66,  major bummer!  I'm sending my "Trendsetter" back too.  The cut is cute, I love the "Light Blonde" shade (which is ashy and beige like I hoped and not "golden"), but they way overdid it with the dark rooting and "regrowth".

The rooting on mine was a rich, dark sort of chestnut brown-- very pretty color, but doesn't relate to my coloring at all!  I do get that manufacturers are on a kick now of doing dark rooting on blonde wigs to look more "realistic".  But it just doesn't work on those of us who are pale with light eyebrows, etc. 

So sorry you have the inconvenience and expense of sending back seven units, @Annabellethecat66.  Will you go back to ordering off Toni Brattin's own site?

I recently found a short, smooth, tapered bob that I like from Estetica, but I think I need more texture around my face-- it provides softness and doesn't drag me down.  I'm going to try Gabor's "Flutter".  It's a short, wavy bob with a funky curl pattern of both straight and wavy strands, and it has bangs, which I like.  It's the most kooky, "out there" look that I've tried so far, so wish me luck.  After all, it's only "hair",  ha.