Honored Contributor

Re: Tired of throwing away my Vit C serum

@jazzbabe wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Mine shipped today, so I should get it by Friday.

Mine also shipped today.  I got an additional 20 percent off of the 20 percent sale price.  I hope I like it.

@jazzbabe, how did you manage to get an additional 20 percent off??

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

I just ordered from Dermstore but logged on to Ebates first.

Valued Contributor

Timeless Vitamin C serum is excellent too, you can get a $5 off code on Hot and Flashy's videos.  I use it and the Matryxil serum every morning and the Vitamin C serum lasts about 3 months.  You can check out their website to see what they have.

Regular Contributor

@espree wrote:

I just ordered from Dermstore but logged on to Ebates first.

I ordered another bottle from Dermstore yesterday through ebates and didn't get an extra 20% off Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@jazzbabe wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Mine shipped today, so I should get it by Friday.

Mine also shipped today.  I got an additional 20 percent off of the 20 percent sale price.  I hope I like it.

@jazzbabe, how did you manage to get an additional 20 percent off??

@I got the additional discount by signing up for emails.  Sorry but the @ reply function isn't working for me.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

What is the exact name of the Drunk Elephant vitamin C serum you guys like? Is it a gel texture? TIA!

@HappyDaze, the name is Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum.

@HappyDaze

Yeppers, I really like it!

@Drythe @suzyQ3 thanks ladies. SuzyQ are you going to try it? It is pricey, yikes!

Yes, @HappyDaze, if you look a few posts up, I told @Drythe that I did order at 20 percent off at Dermstore. That puts it approximately $20 above NCN.

But I rationalize it with the fact that I don't generally buy new skincare and am very careful when I do.  For targeted treatments, I stay with Vit C, retinol, and Matrixyl. That's it. Beautypedia's review of this C did put me over the edge. :-)

Sorry, I don't always read every post and just tend to scan them if there are a bunch of posts I haven't read yet, lol.

Hey @suzyQ3 you know I don't really have an issue with price if it works and lasts a long time!  I think I will let you be the guinea pig for this one and let me know what you think. If you have time, I'd like your first impressions  (texture, feel, consistency, any irritations, etc) and then, of course, more long-term review. That isn't asking too much, is it?? Smiley Wink

@HappyDaze, I used the serum for the first time this morning. My initial thoughts:

I love the airless pump delivery system.

I very briefly noticed a slight fragrance that I found pleasant.

The texture is slightly gel-like, certainly as compared to NCN. But it is not thick or goopy at all.

There is a bit of tackiness that lasts for just a few minutes. Mind you, though, that I touched my face immediately. I don't recall doing that with the NCN.

I had no initial tingling, burning, or othewise adverse reaction upon application and still have none after four or more hours.

That's about it at this point.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

The only vitamin C I ever use is Perricone.  It comes in the small tubes and I think it's the best product they make, alon g with the facial conformer.  I was on auto delivery for a while and am still using up stuff from 2013.  Even tho it is not pure white after two years ( no wait, it's three, isn't it?) it still works -- I can tell by the brightness of my skin.  So I would reccommend trying this one.  I love it and squirt it in, like toothpaste, to every product, except liquid foundation, that I put on my face.  I swear by this product.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I have used and liked the NCN Vit C serum for at least a couple years now and have highly recommended it here often.

But I just had to trash my  bottle because it was definitely darkening. It was probably still safe but not particularly effective. The last bottle had the same problem. The company claims that it remains stable for six months.

One of the pros of this product is it's relatively large size. It's 1.3 ounces rather than the normal one ounce. But since I use it only once a day, one bottle lasts me close to the end of its shelf life. I opened this last bottle four months ago.

I am considering either forgetting Vit C altogether or switching to a MAP-based Vit C for better stability. NuFountain makes one with an impressive and short ingredient deck. BabyFace also makes one, but the deck is much more crowded and less appealing to me.

I think I am going to order this. I always use a little more than maybe I should so knowing this is a good size, it sounds like a good deal. 

Are you seeing good results with your Vit C? I have to say it is one that helps me the most. I was surprised to see such a difference. I think it is easier to see a difference when you maybe don't have such a great beauty regime and then try a product as opposed to have a decent regime and then trying a product. While I am happy with the products I use and I take good care of my skin, I rarely see WOW results for precisely that reason and I feel that Vit C gives me one of the better results I have had in a product in a while. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@MissSugarKane wrote:

I looked for the tackyness today when I put on my drunk elephant and found that yes if I touched my face right after putting it on there was a slight tacky feel. The thing is I wouldn't have thought to touch my face otherwise because it really feels like it soaks right in and there is nothing on my face to try and touch. About an hour later I put my tinted sunscreen over it with no problems. 

I also paid attention to the smell and there is a chemical type smell when you first pump it out but I don't smell it after applying it.

Drunk Elephant has some great products!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I have used and liked the NCN Vit C serum for at least a couple years now and have highly recommended it here often.

But I just had to trash my  bottle because it was definitely darkening. It was probably still safe but not particularly effective. The last bottle had the same problem. The company claims that it remains stable for six months.

One of the pros of this product is it's relatively large size. It's 1.3 ounces rather than the normal one ounce. But since I use it only once a day, one bottle lasts me close to the end of its shelf life. I opened this last bottle four months ago.

I am considering either forgetting Vit C altogether or switching to a MAP-based Vit C for better stability. NuFountain makes one with an impressive and short ingredient deck. BabyFace also makes one, but the deck is much more crowded and less appealing to me.

I think I am going to order this. I always use a little more than maybe I should so knowing this is a good size, it sounds like a good deal. 

Are you seeing good results with your Vit C? I have to say it is one that helps me the most. I was surprised to see such a difference. I think it is easier to see a difference when you maybe don't have such a great beauty regime and then try a product as opposed to have a decent regime and then trying a product. While I am happy with the products I use and I take good care of my skin, I rarely see WOW results for precisely that reason and I feel that Vit C gives me one of the better results I have had in a product in a while. 

@Irshgrl31201

That's a difficult question because I also use BHA, retinol, and matrixyl plus non-active type products for cleansing and moisturizing. I hope that Vit C is part of the reason that I'm happier with my skin now.

As I posted, I just started using Drunk Elephant's Vit C serum and am very pleased with my initial reactions to it.