Respected Contributor

Re: Tired of throwing away my Vit C serum

Mine came in yesterday. I'll be patch testing for a week or so before full face, as I've had an allergic reaction to a Vit C product in the past. I will say, I like the pump bottle and the texture of the serum thus far. It seems to be a nice product, and I'm excited to get to try on my full face. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 have you found a vitamin C replacement yet?

I went back to Paula's Choice vitamin C- just bought the small size and been putting a few drops in with my serum in the AM and that little bottle is still going (it has been well over a month now - 6 weeks?). I think I am going to stick with PC's for now unless I hear about another amazing one. I am also thinking I am going to stay with the small sizes because I had problems with the bigger bottle in the past (crystalization) and this seems like a fresher way to do it.

By the way, did you see that NCN now has a facial cleansing oil? It has a few nice ingredients but I am going to pass. I don't like Frankincense Essential Oil in my skincare products.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I went back to Paula's Choice vitamin C- just bought the small size and been putting a few drops in with my serum in the AM and that little bottle is still going (it has been well over a month now - 6 weeks?). I think I am going to stick with PC's for now unless I hear about another amazing one. I am also thinking I am going to stay with the small sizes because I had problems with the bigger bottle in the past (crystalization) and this seems like a fresher way to do it.

By the way, did you see that NCN now has a facial cleansing oil? It has a few nice ingredients but I am going to pass. I don't like Frankincense Essential Oil in my skincare products.

@HappyDaze, no, I am not currently using any Vit C product.

I did see NCN's e-mail but, like you, will stick with OLO.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@jazzbabe wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Mine shipped today, so I should get it by Friday.

Mine also shipped today.  I got an additional 20 percent off of the 20 percent sale price.  I hope I like it.

Are you talking about Drunk Elephant Vitamin C?

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@HappyDaze, no, I am not currently using any Vit C product.

I did see NCN's e-mail but, like you, will stick with OLO.

Thanks @suzyQ3. Let me know if you find one you liked as well (or better) than NCN if you decide to try any in the future.

Valued Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

I have the drunken elephant vit c and have been using it the last few days.  No bad reactions but too soon to give a review for any results. The bottle says it is good for 24 mos.  I have a couple dark patches on my face that I would like to lighten. 

It is pricey but if it works. The packaging is very cheap in a sense.  Just sort of that cheap plastic but I don't care about packaging.  It is an air tight bottle.  ...and I love that it is cruelty free. 

It does get rave reviews so keeping my fingers crossed.  

Regarding help for dark patches, I have used one container of the Drunk Elephant Vitamin C and unfortunately it has not helped with the dark spots.  My skin does look a bit brighter.  Good luck -- hope you have better results!

Valued Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@jazzbabe wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Mine shipped today, so I should get it by Friday.

Mine also shipped today.  I got an additional 20 percent off of the 20 percent sale price.  I hope I like it.

Are you talking about Drunk Elephant Vitamin C?

@Valstybaby, yes I am.  So far I am liking it.