Honored Contributor
On 3/12/2015 Jova said:

Bridgette could have taken better care of herself. Her messy hair and bad teeth have nothing to do with aging gracefully.

I think she may have some "issues," if I recall correctly.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor
On 3/11/2015 Desertdi said:
On 3/11/2015 YorkieonmyPillow said:
On 3/11/2015 uumom said:
On 3/11/2015 just bee said:

You ladies sound like you're ready for some <em>pro-age</em>. Have you visited Cindy Joseph's site?

http://blog.boombycindyjoseph.com/

http://www.boombycindyjoseph.com/

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I'm skeptical of that tight jaw-line.

and the full cheeks are kinda suspicious, too

{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Super Contributor
On 3/12/2015 colliegirls said:
On 3/12/2015 Kind1too said:
On 3/12/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:
On 3/11/2015 shoekitty said:

Bridgette Bardot has never had a thing done, and I believe it. She is who she is. She recues animals, and fights for animal rights. She is a chain smoker, and smoked since she was 14. She was also a sun worshiper, and still is she says. She is so comfortable with herself. She does look her age, but there is nothing wrong with that. And she is spunky and opinionated as she ever was.

They say she is a recluse, and shuns the life she once had. These are the most flattering pics I could find, because it seems the photographers always look for the bad angles, and the worst picture they can take of her. I don't know why.

She was stunning back then and she's beautiful now.

The epitome of beauty inside and out.

Beautiful now??? She looks like she hasn't combed her hair in decades. My goodness, her teeth are awful. It makes me feel sad looking at it.

She's in her 80's. Most will be happy to have that much hair and still have their natural teeth. It makes me sad that we place more value on beauty that we do on the important things in life. Don't take this as a personal attack, I'm including my self. Sometimes I'm ashamed of my vanity.

How we take care of ourselves is a reflection of how we feel about ourselves. I hope I never look like a homeless or crazy person. There are many beautiful older women in their 80's and 90's who still take care of themselves. There is no excuse for horrible teeth.

Her teeth don't look horrible. She always had kinda buck teeth. Most people when their er age don't want to wear braces. I don't think she looks homeless or crazy. Sometimes our values are crazy.

Super Contributor

I just love the idea of "pro" aging. Or "pro" anything! We don't feel better when our lives get better, we feel better and then our lives get better. Right? So, go gray or color, hide wrinkles or don't, who cares? It's all about how you feel. Feel good first, then do whatever you like. (Shoe kitty, this sounds like your Auntie Mame quotation!)

Honored Contributor
On 3/12/2015 HiLo said:
On 3/12/2015 Ford1224 said:

Bridgette Bardot has never had a thing done, and I believe it. She is who she is. She recues animals, and fights for animal rights. She is a chain smoker, and smoked since she was 14. She was also a sun worshiper, and still is she says. She is so comfortable with herself. She does look her age, but there is nothing wrong with that. And she is spunky and opinionated as she ever was.

They say she is a recluse, and shuns the life she once had. These are the most flattering pics I could find, because it seems the photographers always look for the bad angles, and the worst picture they can take of her. I don't know why.

I still see the beauty in her face. But I don't understand why she did not do something with her teeth. That is the easiest thing to correct.

However, her mind is elsewhere and I think she has no interest in what she looks like. I read one of Jane Fonda's autobiographies and she said that even when they were all young over there in France (several of them, including Jane and Brigitte were married to the same man at one time or another), Brigitte was never impressed with her own looks.

About 10 years ago I saw Brigitte on TV and she didn't look like this picture. She was wearing her hair long and blond, face was very wrinkled and obviously she hadn't done anything artificial to her face. I would suppose she had spent a lot of time in the sun and being very far it would have taken it's toll. I have to give her credit for aging in her own way as ladies used to do. Developing inner beauty is the only one that will last; it will always draw people to you and for the right reasons.

I debated whether to actually post that pic of her, because of the teeth.It might be a bad angle, but I liked the glow from within. But that is her. She always had an overbite, and I imagine aging shifted her teeth a bit more.She was known as the Secks Kitten in 50's and 60's, and for her pout! Oh how women wanted that pout and lips. But I think most of her pout had to do with her teeth, and overbite! Remember she is a heavy smoker. She also has treatment for breast cancer .

The other thing is, in Europe people aren't as teeth and wrinkle conscience as we Americans are. They aren't into veneers, braces and such. I also imagine her teeth look different in person, this might be a bad angle.

One reporter interviewing her about 5 years ago, said he had to excuse himself a few times because of her chain smoking.

Super Contributor

Beautiful now??? She looks like she hasn't combed her hair in decades. My goodness, her teeth are awful. It makes me feel sad looking at it.

She is a beautiful human being.

It's not all about looks. No one is going to be a knockout at 80, no matter how hard they try. She obviously has other things on her mind than trying to look like she did at 20.

Super Contributor

When Bardot was young, she had that slight, sensual overbite.

Lots of beautiful women have had that.

Until the age of Chiclet Teeth.

Super Contributor
On 3/12/2015 Kind1too said:

She's in her 80's. Most will be happy to have that much hair and still have their natural teeth. It makes me sad that we place more value on beauty that we do on the important things in life. Don't take this as a personal attack, I'm including my self. Sometimes I'm ashamed of my vanity.

I admire her for not falling into the sad and pointless Aging Beauty Queen trap.

Trusted Contributor

I am not against "anti-aging" per se. Just the empty promises that women literally buy into. I do not expect miracles when I purchase beauty products. I am in my mid 50's, but I work a high pressure corporate job. I need to look the best I can. I am not willing to just let everything go just because the numbers are going up. I will fight the wrinkles and sagging for as long as I can. I take vitamins every day, try to get regular sleep, and take care of my skin. I have not had any work done or any injections, but who knows what I may decide to do in 5 years. I am trying to hold things in place and slow things down. I know I totally earned every crinkle, wrinkle and line and wouldn't change a thing.

Honored Contributor

It's better than aunty-aging.