Honored Contributor

So, today was the day for us lowly Beauty Insiders to get our shot.  I did happen to find the flyer they gave me last time I was in the store that had the code on it along with the sale percentages, but the code was also at the top of the main page.  

I got the Armani Luminous Silk foundation I've been wanting to try.  Sadly, they didn't have the mini in the shade Sephora said I should be but they've been out of that shade in a mini for awhile now. 

Also picked up the Westman Atelia mini cream contour stick in Biscuit, the lightest shade.  I've been contouring for years with a bronzer.  I think it looks fine, but since I like the WA cream blush, thought I would try the contour.

And since I love minis so much, I also picked up a mini Too Faced Lip Injection Extra Strength Hydrating Lip Plumper, Sulwhasoo mini Gentle Cleansing Oil, and Oribe mini Dry Texturizing Spray.  I know Oribe is a rather expensive hair spray, but people seem to really like it. 

I actually tried to get their credit card as it would've given me $37.40 off my bill, but the Submit button wouldn't work after putting all my info in so their loss I guess.   

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess You got some nice things.

I had to go into Kohls & they had a Sephora so I looked around.

I'm glad that I did. I had some things in my cart that I looked at & decided against.

I did buy Ilia Dove Liquid Powder Eye Tint. It is a beautiful grey with a hint of periwinkle. 

UD 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner in Whiskey. Gorgeous brown & such a cool pen. Very easy to use.

LM Secret Camouflage Correct & Brighten Concealer Duo Stick. 

Super Contributor

@Icegoddess  Thank you for reminding me about the sale, as I, too, am a lowly Insider who can usually find better deals elsewhere. I've been wanting to try Westman Atelier and ordered, like you,  Face Trace in Biscuit and also Cream Blush in Petal. I like Gucci's theory that you actually need two shades of foundation, but without being color matched in person, I won't order.

The Armani foundation is always on every "best of" list, hope you love it!

If it's worth it to you, you could call Customer Service and ask them to process your credit card application for you since you were unable to do so on the website.

Honored Contributor

@cantdrive55 wrote:

@Icegoddess  Thank you for reminding me about the sale, as I, too, am a lowly Insider who can usually find better deals elsewhere. I've been wanting to try Westman Atelier and ordered, like you,  Face Trace in Biscuit and also Cream Blush in Petal. I like Gucci's theory that you actually need two shades of foundation, but without being color matched in person, I won't order.

The Armani foundation is always on every "best of" list, hope you love it!

If it's worth it to you, you could call Customer Service and ask them to process your credit card application for you since you were unable to do so on the website.

@cantdrive55 I have the WA cream blush in Petal and really like it.  

Explain about Gucci's theory to me.  Two shades to mix or wear at the same time on different places on the face or two shades that one would change out with the seasons?

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

You got a lot of nice stuff!  I didn't realize it had been four days already.  Anything I want will probably be oos.  I better get over asap!

Super Contributor

@Icegoddess Yes, you are correct: it is wearing 2 shades in different places on the face.  Gucci has said as a makeup artist she realized most people's skintone is actually comprised of more than one color, and using 2 foundation shades allowed her to create a perfect canvas. One would need a third foundation shade for the summer when  your skin has more color.

I believe Petal is the top selling shade in the Cream Blush, and so, a good place for me to start. I imagine it would be fun to build a wardrobe of her blushes. The limited editions always look very trmpting, too.

I became intrigued with the Face Trace in Biscuit when I watched a Martha Stewart make up video on YouTube. MS said Gucci is her neighbor & had given her the product

which looked terrific on her & Martha even used it as an eyeshadow. Can't wait to try it!

I would love to see the line in person but the nearest store is 3 hours away, which probably saves me quite a bit of money!

Honored Contributor

IIRC, it's two shades, the lighter in the center of your face.

Honored Contributor

@cantdrive55 

Sorry, I didn't read your post before answering about the Gucci theory.

I wanted to like the petal blush and actually ordered it but it was vastly different than what I saw on my computer screen

Honored Contributor

Final Sephora 20% sale items.  The Kosas lip oil is a repeat purchase.

I already use and love the Moroccanoil line but this product is new to me.

Phlur Not Your Baby is a repeat and Replica "On a Date" is new.  I've been wanting to try the Dior Face and Body for a long long time.

F.jpg

Honored Contributor

@cantdrive55 I don't think my local Sephora has the WA line.  It's not a full-sized store, so they also don't have the Armani foundation or I would've gotten color matched for that there. They also don't have a lot of the minis.  I have to get the mini Hourglass Veil setting powder online.  I also doubt they have the Hourglass mini Ambient Light compact I have.