Occasional Contributor

Re: The New Pointy Fingernails

I haven't seen any of the vampire movies, but I'd bet the trend started there. So flattering... to be compared to a vampire. HATE IT!

Esteemed Contributor

Won't inspire working musicians, I can tell you that! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Yuck...I don't like them at all

Regular Contributor

I keep mine rounded or oval and fairly short all the time, no matter what's "in".Smile

Regular Contributor

FLGardener,

Saw that rock-climbing scene and I thought her nails were so hideous they were distracting. YUCK!!!! I enjoy new styles but that one is truly disgusting.

Honored Contributor

I wear sandals all summer.........so I'm gonna do a ""pointy toenail"" thing........maybe really long ones.............paint them red........yeah!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

I have noticed them on TV for a couple years now, NOT CUTE!!! Not sure yet what I think of this new almond shape.

Respected Contributor

On 1/26/2014 Desertdi said:

I wear sandals all summer.........so I'm gonna do a "pointy toenail" thing........maybe really long ones.............paint them red........yeah!

LOL. But, I may have to try it too. It may be the only way I can stop running our swim team! Can you imagine?
Super Contributor

I don't like the ones that get wider towards the tips either, thankfully I haven't seen that style too much, it looks so weird.

Super Contributor

They were popular in the 40's. I saw them in vintage advertisements in Vogue. I am not a fan and prefer a nicely shaped oval.....