Honored Contributor

That new keratin product Shawn had Friday night . . .

Her hair looks great.  She explained how she used the product, including flat ironing.  Would I have to do that?  I don't want super straight hair, I just want the frizz gone.

Honored Contributor

Re: That new keratin product Shawn had Friday night . . .

@depglass there is not a tool or product that would ever give me Shawn's hair.   The closest I come is my monthly professional hair appointment.

Honored Contributor

She needs to put some hairspray or put a barrette on those bangs that keep falling in her eyes.

Super Contributor

Do you use a frizz preventing product? I do and my hair is horribly frizzy. I use Frizz Ease gel. It's in a small purple pump and it looks like gel! It works better than anything i have tried! What is the best product to use on frizzy hair? Image result for frizzy hair products John Frieda Frizz Ease Shampoo. FEKKAI Brilliant Gloss shampoo. REDKEN Frizz Dismiss Sulfate-Free Shampoo. Design Essentials Agave & Lavender Moisturizing and Detangling Conditioner. Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner Spray. Living Proof No Frizz System. Oribe Foundation Mis
Respected Contributor

@depglass  Usually when you use a product like Shawn was selling (or go to a salon for a keratin treatment) you lose the body in your hair. I do not know about what QVC had on last night but you will get straight hair and no body for a few weeks. Eventually your hair bounces back and the body comes back. I just bought two Wow products to try, if this does not work I am going to look at what Shawn was selling.

Respected Contributor

@depglass   I'm hesitant to believe that she actually uses everything that she states that she uses.

Once when selling Vionics, she said she had terrible planter faciitus and next item she was wearing stilettos.  Plus all the Jose Marin, Philosophy, IT Cosmetics, Beekman and Bumble and Bumble that she says she uses all the time.  She may use every item once since I'm sure the vendors send her the new products to use before the presentation.

I would take the other posters recommendations for items that they really use and can provide actual honest feedback over a salesperson.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shawn said that she had a professional salon keratin treatment but wished she knew about this product.  I think her hair looks great but I don't care for her bangs.

I have mostly straight hair but it can get a bit unruly and frizzy when the weather is humid.  I'm going to give this product a try since a professional keratin is just too much for me.  Makes my hair pin straight and super flat.

Respected Contributor

@depglass  I think you do have to flat iron as part of the treatment -  I think that's what actually bonds the product to your hair or allows it to penetrate and last a while.  I did understand from the presentation that you can leave the product on for varying amounts of time, depending I would guess on your hair type or the result you wanted?  I haven't actually used or seen the product in person so I don't know for sure - but I think it's a good guess.  You are able to wash your hair the next day, even if there is that initial flatness from that flat ironing I would think (hope!) it would be fluffier after that washing and the next, etc.  I did google it and the reviews are good and the pictures shown don't really show that flat superstraight hair.  

Esteemed Contributor

Dare to share is one of the few shows on QVC that I make a point to watch. In fact I purchase those makeup brushes that they had last night as one of their specials. 

Anyway back to the point. Truthfully 9 out 10 times Shawn's hair always looks like a hot mess to me. Last night, the first thing that I noticed was how good her hair looked. She needs to keep using that Keratin product. 

Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 

Your comment about plantar fasciitis and stilettos reminded me of an episode where my college friend visited me to go to our reunion.  She had PF but wore high heels.

When I questioned her about the shoes, she said that they actually made the PF bearable for a while.  So, maybe Shawn was experiencing the same thing....

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill