Valued Contributor

I decided to stop purchasing from companies that continue to test on animals. (For me, that means no more Clinique, Bobbi Brown or MAC to name a few)

Would you ladies share some of your favorite cruelty free lines?. ( I currently love theBalm tinted moisturizer and some products from Stila )

Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: Cruelty free Cosmetics ....

Covergirl is cruelty free

I also use NYX and Laura Geller. used to love MAC and IT cosmetics but no more fo rme.

I don't understand how these people make products tested on animals. 

Trusted Contributor

I use clean beauty/vegan makeup and skincare products.  Go on Sephora website under clean beauty and it will show all the clean and vegan brands.  One of my favorites is a brand called ILIA.  Another one is Summer Fridays.  Farmacy is another clean brand too.

Valued Contributor

@Swedishmiss 

Hi I use only cruelty freeand use different brands . Some of my faves are Thrive, Ilia beauty, Anthear beauty , RMS , colorscience, Saint Jane ,Senna Cosmetic, Alima pure .  My favorite store is Credo Beauty .congratulations on going cruelty free 😃😃

Respected Contributor

It depends on how far you want to go.

For i nstance Korres is Cruelty Free however, they have those new Donkey Milk items, I will no longer be purchasing due to the fact that in order to produce Donkey Milk you must keep the Donkey pregnant and producing milk similiar to what they do with cows.

I have done some reading and most males that won't be used for breeding just get sent to slaughter while the females are kept and are kept pregnant to keep producing milk, all we need is another animal being mass bred, I do not want to buy into something like this.

Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss 

Go to the below website, they also have links to other cruelty free and not cruelty free websites:

Search for Cruelty-Free Companies, Products, and More | PETA

The below website, also very good, has a free 'shopping guide' to put in your purse when shopping:

Compassionate Shopping Guide | Leaping Bunny

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Other Clean Beauty lines are Mychelle, and Pacifica. 

Esteemed Contributor

along with the links @KingstonsMom gave you, check out crueltyfreekitty dot com

Valued Contributor

Thank you for choosing kindness!  My favorites include Zuzu Luxe (their waterproof eyeliner is wonderful!  Their lipsticks have real staying power and nice colors), Juice Beauty is great for lip glosses and skin care. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@darkhomespun While Cover Girl is raving about being cruelty free, their parent company Coty is not cruelty free. Only the end user can decide where their $$ will ultimately end up.

@Swedishmiss Some of the brands I have purchased include Dr. Bronner, W3ll People, Raw Sugar, Avalon Organics and Trader Joe's. For household products, I use 7th Generation, Planet and Method. The animals thank you.