Respected Contributor

I was one of those crazy ladies that couldn't get enough colors.

I thought I would match my outfit with my eyeshadow, create a deep

dramatic eye like most of the models advertising a brand

BUT

I had a makeover years ago, learned what colors accentuates my eyes and stayed with them.    

Say goodbye to all those shimmers, only use a neutral and you can't believe how much money I saved not buying every single pallet that came out and besides, I never finished a pallet only to get tossed out because it was too old.   

Honored Contributor

I don't finish palettes either.  Most of the time they put equal sizes of all the colors in the palette.  I go through my base shade much quicker than the dark crease or outer corner color and then I have to buy a single base color to use with the palette.  

I did buy an IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty palette and I totally used up 3 of the colors and have hit pan on 2 of the others.   It came with 6 shadows, brow powder, highlighter, blush and bronzer.  I have also hit pan on the blush.  This is the closest I have come to using shadows up.   

Honored Contributor

I have more eyeshadows than I'll probably ever use.  I've sworn off of buying anything new,I don't care how pretty the packaging is.  I'm really liking the L'Oréal Brilliant liquids and using the Camindy trios somewhat often.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I have more eyeshadows than I'll probably ever use.  I've sworn off of buying anything new,I don't care how pretty the packaging is.  I'm really liking the L'Oréal Brilliant liquids and using the Camindy trios somewhat often.  

@JeanLouiseFinch I'm glad you like those L'Oreal Brilliant liquids.  I think you and I chatted about those.  I love them as well.  Very easy one and done for me.

Trusted Contributor

This is just my own opinion but, I don't know who is buying all of these large brightly colored eyeshadow palettes because I don't see any women wearing these eyeshadow colors. In fact, I don't see women wearing much makeup at all and haven't in a long time. If they do wear eyeshadow it is neutral tones.

I do wear a full face of makeup every day whether I leave the house or not because I love to paint my face and it makes me feel good, but so few do these days. I wear neutral eye makeup.

I just got back from two weeks in Denver, two weeks in Florida, and New York and women were wearing yoga pants and athleisure wear with no makeup or little with blunt cut hairstyles or piled in messy buns on top of their heads.  In fact, women from all of the states I visited looked like they shopped at the same clothing store. It is incredible.