Honored Contributor

I had this discussion with a friend earlier this evening.  She plans on going to get her hair done at her stylist's home (not in the salon).  She claims that her stylist will sanitize the area in her home thoroughly and won't have anyone else there.  Plus she will disinfect all tools and wear a mask.

I told her that I felt it was too soon.  I explained that if she wanted to go forth with this that she had to understand that there is risk involved.  Even if the space was clean, her stylist could be someone who is infected but be asymptomatic and not even realize it.

Standing over someone and working on their hair for a minimum of half an hour could transfer shedding virus even when wearing a mask.  I doubt that she will be wearing a medical grade mask.

I may have gotten my friend to understand that there will still be risk and after our conversation I think she's undecided....but that could change.

As for me, I've been studying YouTube videos on how to cut your own hair...once I take the plunge I'll do a little at a time It could take most of an afternoon.

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

I live in Delaware and the governor has also open hair salons and barbers starting May 8 but only for essential workers.  Appointments must be fifteen minutes apart to allow for cleaning between appointments. 

Do you mean that there must be 15 minutes between appointments?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Texas Two Step

[ Edited ]

I have an appointment for June 8 but I am not sure I am going to go.  I am scheduled for highlights and haircut and that will take a long time.  If I go I might just tell her to touch up the roots and forget the highlights for now.  But even that takes a fairly long time and I am not sure I want to be in the salon for that amount of time.    I had planned to give my long time stylist a really big tip because she has been out of work for a while and highlights are really a lot of work, but I still don't know what I am going to do.

Still a month away so I have some time to see how things go but I just don't know.  My health is much more important to me and my family than my roots showing but I really have to think this one over.  I am actually starting to embrace the grey somewhat.  

Trusted Contributor

You know I wanted to mention one side benefit from not coloring my hair.  My scalp looks and feels so much healthier. Don't know what else it could be except not using color.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 I was sharing a news item that was being reported and I found interesting and felt like sharing. In answer to your question there is no risk to my life or others as I haven’t been off or away from my home and land since March 24th and lots of things make me happy and excited to think about and just wanted to share. I cannot and will not live in a world of darkness filled with the doom and gloom you seem to purport from the negativity you spew IMO.

Honored Contributor

Re: Texas Two Step

[ Edited ]

@Spacrazy   By mentioning the letting up of the restrictions, you infer you're going to take advantage  of their removal.  I and many other people think this and your governor are very foolish.  If this ruffles your feathers, so be it.  Perhaps you need a reality check.

It's extremely rude of you to say that someone taking the sensible approach, spews.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment