Valued Contributor

Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder: GENTLE vs. CALMING/INDIGO

[ Edited ]

Gentle is supposedly for dry skin.  And, calming/indigo more for reactive skin.

What would you recommend if you have BOTH dry skin and skin that tends towards redness?

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder: GENTLE vs. CALMING/INDIGO

Calming

Respected Contributor

My skin is normal and I can get red very easily. I tried both calming and gentle. I like gentle. No redness and that' s amazing for my skin. I just noticed this great buy.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, @hopi and @Janey2 !!   Much appreciation.

Honored Contributor

@Julie_23 

We have the exact same skin type!  I have used the Calming one & it works well.  Just don't get it in your eyes; it burns terribly!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

Thanks, @SurferWife !

Honored Contributor

I bought the Rice Polish in Gentle. I've only used it once.  Followed the directions to use enough water and rub it between your hands till it's foamy (all the grittiness is gone).  But, I didn't follow the directions for how long to use it (15 secs).  I'm SURE I rubbed too long and too vigorously.  My face tingled and stung for  hours Smiley Sad  Won't be using it again for 5 days or so.  Altho it feels ok today, I want to give my face plenty of time to get over the trauma!  So even tho it might not feel like it's exfoliating if you're just feeling foaminess, it is! 

Honored Contributor

Im using the Classic formula of the enzyme powder from the June TSV and LOVE it!

My method is per the presentation,  wash face, leave slightly damp. Wet hand, sprinkle a small amount of the polish on wet hands, and mix until it's foamy, then apply to face. Massage on face, neck, décolleté for a minute or 2, then rinse. 

I only use the Tatcha enzyme powder for p.m. treatment,  alternating nights when I don't use the more aggressive Skinn DermAppeal product. I think they are complementary products and I love this regime! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Very, very happy to see the duo of the enzyme powder offered at event pricing $65! I'm tempted to purchase, but I'm not yet sure of the length of time 1 jar will last for me based on my regime/usage. And I just opened a new jar in June when I bought the TSV

I really like trying value kits to test drive new products. But unless I LOVE every kit product, which is rare, I do not reorder the kit. Opting instead to look for supersizes or event duos of the specific products that I use. 

I ordered the June Tatcha TSV and the OTO kits that included the Vit C + Essence products on A/D. Just pushed out the A/D ship dates while I wait to see the upcoming TSV and holiday offers. Most likely going to cancel my A/D orders --- hoping for some great holiday offers!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

Thank you, @monicakm and @Chi-town girl !

And, I'm so sorry that happened, @monicakm .  Hopefully, your face continues to feel better.