Super Contributor

Tarte eyeshadow and eyeliner sticks

Has anyone tried these? A452347. I bought both nudes and roses. Love the colors and the liners but they will not stay on. After 1 hour i have creases on my lids and the liner is gone. I did use Two Faced eyeshadow primer first. Any one have this issue?

Honored Contributor

Re: Tarte eyeshadow and eyeliner sticks

@plc123 wrote:

Has anyone tried these? A452347. I bought both nudes and roses. Love the colors and the liners but they will not stay on. After 1 hour i have creases on my lids and the liner is gone. I did use Two Faced eyeshadow primer first. Any one have this issue?

@plc123   No, I haven't tried the Tarte sticks. Do they say waterproof or long lasting? Many other shadow sticks do stay on longer w/o creasing, fading, smudging. I prefer Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier Caviar sticks. I don't use a primer with these. I have a neutral shade like vanilla or nude and put a color on top. These are very long lasting.

Your primer may need to be changed to another one before you give up on the Tarte sticks or have you tried them without using a primer? 

Honored Contributor

@plc123 wrote:

I use a lot of TARTE shadows and have the same shadow sticks that you ordered.  Haven't had the issue you mentioned but I do use a different primer.  Could that be the issue?  Maybe try a different primer?

Super Contributor

I will have to get another primer i guess. Thanks

Super Contributor

They do say they are waterproof. Maybe i will try without a primer before i buy a different one. Thank you

Respected Contributor

I love Tarte eyeshadows and Too Faced has the best eye primer.....in my opinion. I use it all the time. 

Super Contributor

I have the same set in nudes & they stayed on my eyelids thru a workout.

I didnt try the liner part though.  I like them especially for summer.  I hope you

can make them work for you.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Here's a silly question: should you wear eyeshadow primer under eye crayon sticks? Maybe that's why mine never stayed on.

Valued Contributor

I bought the roses and I definitely need a primer.  One day when I was rushing out the door I forgot to use my urban decay primer. I had the half moons in the eye crease. I find the aubergine eyeliner to be hard to apply the color does not apply or stay as well as the brown and black.