Contributor

Re: Tarte Rainforest Sea Water Foundation

I use to use tarte but since she sold the company to Japan or wherever I will not buy anymore .
Honored Contributor

I did not see anything in the demo of this product that made me think it was a worth $35 (with s&h) for 1 oz. of it. To me, when Shawn put it on her hand it looked like it was way too thick. I like my MU light and natural looking. This was not for me.

Respected Contributor

I think the name is odd.  Rainforest Sea Water?  Which is it?

Frequent Contributor

Even if I'm not a fan of the foundation.itself I think I'm keeping it for the brush Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

It's Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation.  It's water based, but the rainforest of the sea refers to the algae they harvest from the sea and add to the product.  

As far as the coverage, I agree with another poster that what she put on her hand was too much and also the first model put too much on.  Joy did a much better job of using a lighter hand with it.

I just haven't had a lot of luck with Tarte foundations.  The Maracuja Foundcealer was awful on me.  It settled into everything.  I do use the BB cream, but only if I can add an oil or luminizer to it.  Otherwise it's cakey on me.  

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:

It's Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation.  It's water based, but the rainforest of the sea refers to the algae they harvest from the sea and add to the product.  

As far as the coverage, I agree with another poster that what she put on her hand was too much and also the first model put too much on.  Joy did a much better job of using a lighter hand with it

I just haven't had a lot of luck with Tarte foundations.  The Maracuja Foundcealer was awful on me.  It settled into everything.  I do use the BB cream, but only if I can add an oil or luminizer to it.  Otherwise it's cakey on me.  

Thanks for the clarification.  Still thinks it's confusing.  Would you have known that if you had not watched the presentation?  Not that it really matters to either of us since it looks like neither of us is terribly interested.  

Super Contributor

Thank you for the response, JeanLouiseFinch! You're always great at helping others if you know the answer! Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor

I ordered two colors and now wondering if there is something in this foundation that might cause breakouts ?  I am in my early 50's but have combo.skin and don't need any more breakouts.  Can anyone help me with this?

Respected Contributor

I found Tarte foundations to be too yellow on me. 

Honored Contributor

Many Tarte and Laura Geller foundations run yellow.

I am on the fence about ordering this.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"