Esteemed Contributor

I use Shower-To-Shower powder which does contain talc.

I put some on a puff, and dust my arms, legs, and torso.

I feel as long as I don't put it in my underwear, I'm fine.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I use J and J 100% Cornstarch Baby Powder on my panties

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I use baby powder down there, just not up IN there....if you know what I mean.

@SahmIam  You aren't concerned about migration?  I rather doubt the people in the lawsuit were putting the powder IN there.  I don't think I have ever heard of anybody using baby or dusting powder in that manner.

Honored Contributor

I would definitely be concerned abouit migration, use the cornstarch powder, no worries. the bad raps on talc have been around for the last 25 years. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I would definitely be concerned abouit migration, use the cornstarch powder, no worries. the bad raps on talc have been around for the last 25 years. 

@Shelbelle having never used a powder down there or even on my body, I don't know what is in these products, including the cornstarch powder.  Is it 100% cornstartch or a cornstarch-based powder?  If it's a cornstarch-based powder, do you know enough about the other ingredients to be okay with them migrating into your body?

I'm actually surprised that there are people who are not aware of the talc/ovarian cancer connection.  Like you said, it's been around for over 25 years.  My mother died of ovarian cancer in 1996 and I was aware of that connection then.  She was not a part of any of the lawsuits.  She might've been eliminated anyways since she had a complete hysterectomy when I was in High School in the 70's.

Honored Contributor

I guess if you wanted to you could just cornstarch right out of the box. 

This contains cornstarch, tricalcium phosphate, aloe barbadenis, Vit E and fragrance. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

I use baby powder down there, just not up IN there....if you know what I mean.

@SahmIam  You aren't concerned about migration?  I rather doubt the people in the lawsuit were putting the powder IN there.  I don't think I have ever heard of anybody using baby or dusting powder in that manner.

@Icegoddess  Nope. I place a small amount on my fingers and run it along the part of the body that my underwear (the elastic) rubs against between my thighs. That's it.

When I had my son, I researched and also spoke with my pediatrician about the problem with talc/baby powder. The issue was women placing the powder between the folds of the ****** and it migrating up inside the cervix. The bigger issue was doing this with baby girls in order to prevent diaper rash/heat rash. I only had sons but friends with girls coated the entire area with abt powder. I know those that use baby powder along the inside of the leg (where the diaper rubbed) and all over the tush of their baby girls and baby grand-daughters. 

A travel size of powder lasts me a few years. I also know travel sizes are given out with newborn sets at my hospital. Baby powder is still being used; perhaps they no longer contain talc. I don't know, to be honest. 

Honored Contributor

I found this article: https://www.parents.com/baby/health/is-baby-powder-safe/

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Re: Talc?? Question!

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the LOLs! I only use a little bit of the hair powder on the roots of my hair on my head!  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Thank you for the replies. I try use as non toxic things as I can, that I have control over. I am going to try and find a hair powder without talc. Man LOL

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

Thanks for the LOLs! I only use a little bit of the hair powder on the roots of my hair on my head!  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Thank you for the replies. I try use as non toxic things as I can, that I have control over. I am going to try and find a hair powder without talc. Man LOL

Your choice, @FlowerBear , but you asked the question, and the majority of responses were to the effect that there is no concern unless you are applying near your genital area.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland