Honored Contributor

Less is more?

This morning after washing my hair decided not using my usual leave in or blow dryer instead air dry. Surprised, hair looks even better. Wonder why? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Less is more?

I quit using my blow dryer several years ago.  I do use it now and then, but what a difference in my hair's health.  I have also given up almost all styling products.  I use a drop of argan oil or a natural hair cream and scrunch it in.  My hair looks and feels so much better.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not using anything other than the WEN Conditioner and Styling Cream. No more of  anything else.

My hair looks awful when I use the oils,replenishing cream, volumizer, mousse,ect.............

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  I've been trying to blow dry less often...and my hair is different from one day to the next. Sometimes it dries into glorious soft curls & waves, other times it's more uneven curliness that's not pretty at all! Doesn't seem to matter what products I do or don't use, either.

Trusted Contributor

i let mine air dry a little, then add my hair products and use the dryer. that way my hair doesnt get fried from the drier. it looks best this way.  if i only air dry it looks terrible cuz it is fine hair.

Trusted Contributor

OP good on you!  I wish I could say the same.  My air dried hair is like a bad perm from the 80's.

Trusted Contributor

Now that I live in Fl. with this high heat, yes less is more. I let it air dry & put it up in a high bun. I just use my shampoo & conditioner. If we go to a restaurant, special event etc. then I will blow dry & wear it down. Altho I always end playing with it & pushing it behind my ears. I just can't make it look as good as when I get a blow dry from my stylist & let her do it for special occasions. 

Respected Contributor

I wish I could air dry my hair but that's a no go.  I have baby fine hair that is naturally wavy.  I can't control it otherwise.  I use low heat and low air speed to blow dry. 

Honored Contributor

I definitely receive more volume when I dry my hair.  I sometimes air dry but do not have volume but it still looks good.

Respected Contributor

I usually air dry, but I can't go anywhere without a leave-in and product. My hair is too dry and the air too humid. Without leave-in and gel, my hair just sucks moisture out of the air and I get Monica Humidity Hair.

Image result for monica humidity hair