Valued Contributor

Talked to my sister a couple of days ago. I haven't seen her in a while. She said she's been using Tatcha for a couple of months now and is loving the line. I use Perricone, sometimes Somme Institute and I'm wondering do I really need to try another line. I've used so many different lines over the years, She is younger then I am and her skin isn't as dry as mine so really wondering if again I would be spending money on something I don't really need. I'm hoping someone will either say it's the best line ever and you need to try it or don't bother, not any better then the products I already use..

Esteemed Contributor

I do not use the whole line but I do use the two original items: the cleansing oil (LOVE!) and the rice powder exfoliaor (occasionally)

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the serum stick, it's okay but at $42 I'm prob not repurchasing. I have very dry skin.

Respected Contributor

The only Tatcha product I use is the Firming Serum.   I've used it since the product line was first introduced on QVC.  

I like the product and think that it gives good results but I wouldn't say it is the greatest thing ever.   It's gentle on my skin and I like that it doesn't have a strong fragrance.  

Respected Contributor

@Nadine 

Why not ask your sister to send you some samples to try ?

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Nadine 

I used to use the Rice Powder exfoliater (the blue jar - Indigo).  I liked it but if any little minuscule amount finds its way into your eyes, it burns like the dickens.  That is why I no longer use it.

I can't personally speak to other Tatcha products.  I noticed the reviews are all over the place, so I've opted not to buy them.  Maybe try one product first, one that you know you need, e.g., eye cream, moisturizer, & start there, then if you love it, try another product & so on.  That is how I've tried lines I haven't used before, to test the waters before diving in.  Good luck!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the comments, it doesn't look like it's that great. Maybe just ok. Having sister send samples is a. Thanks again!

Respected Contributor

I tried many samples of Tatcha when Sephora was able to give out samples. Nothing impressed me enough to buy. I use mostly Perricone. As a matter of fact I just ordered a new cleanser from Perricone, and I hope it works out.

Honored Contributor

Re: TATCHA?Is it great?

[ Edited ]

Seems overpriced to me, isnt the miracle ingredient used an algae or seaweed? if iit is nothing more than Carrageenan that is also found in many skin care products, inexpensive ones. Also known as Chondrus Crispus. 

Honored Contributor

@Nadine wrote:

Talked to my sister a couple of days ago. I haven't seen her in a while. She said she's been using Tatcha for a couple of months now and is loving the line. I use Perricone, sometimes Somme Institute and I'm wondering do I really need to try another line. I've used so many different lines over the years, She is younger then I am and her skin isn't as dry as mine so really wondering if again I would be spending money on something I don't really need. I'm hoping someone will either say it's the best line ever and you need to try it or don't bother, not any better then the products I already use..

@Nadine  - I'm curious to see what's offered for the TSV event. Interested to try the Essence.

Something to consider-It's a GREAT time to try new beauty and tools with extended 90 day returns at Q and H. We will get the opportunity to use/test drive the products for 60+days. 

I also find value in the specific comments from those that use or actually tried the products...Avoiding the supposed 'experts' that haven't tried the products -we can't confirm their 'knowledge' - they are based and not reliable when it comes to specific product reviews

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri