Respected Contributor

Re: TARTE VENDOR’S FOUNDATION?

I don't think these comments about the presenter's appearance are very nice.  She looks fine to me and you should be more concerned with her ability to accurately describe the products. 

As for Tarte's demographic, it has been for the younger crowd for quite some time. That's who they're marketing to.  It is obvious to me from their website and products. I am not young but I still use a bunch of their products, mainly the eyeshadow palettes, mascara, lipstick/glosses and foundation. I think they keep their appeal broad enough I don't feel aged out quite yet, but I don't gravitate to the items marketed to the teens and twenty somethings.  Too Faced is very much the same way.  There is something for everyone in both brands.

Honored Contributor

I only watched for a couple of minutes at midnight and didn't really notice the vendor, but thought the 1st model's foundation did not look good, so I changed the channel.  Probably should've used a different model.

Valued Contributor

They'd probably sell more if they would say what shade EVERY model is wearing.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PhilaLady1 Yes they are gearing up for the teens and tweens, and twenty something’s. Their latest Sugar Rush launch that I was emailed about used some very young looking ladies on the site that cannot be very old at all (teens?). The mermaids, pineapples, and now some sugar rush type of product line of color cosmetics is downright juvenile.  I love shape tape concealer, the original Amazonian clay foundation, lights camera lashes and tarteist eyeshadow palettes but this new image is way off their original base of what they used to sell.

I agree I prefer Leigh as the rep, I will watch her any day present Doll10. I like the hydralux foundation and shadows.

Honored Contributor

I just watched most of the presentation for the foundation.  It looked terrible on everybody.  The shades seemed too dark on all the models except the African American one, including Shawn's; but the main problem was it settled in every pore, wrinkle, etc. giving the skin a rough look and making the models look older.  Even Shawn looks rather harsh in it.  I also hate those droppers that you push down on the lid.  They never seem to work as advertised.  

Esteemed Contributor

It seems to me that Tarte has been making their cosmetics for warmer complexions from the very start. That's what I saw w/ the foundation, also the eye palette.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

This poster made the same remarks last TSV..HER foundation wasn"t the right color..Something, I know untrue. I wear porcelain or fair beige depending on season etc and I can make either work.I personally don't like this foundation. I have it. It is drying. I, also, would not purchase this set because I believe these are old items they are getting rid of. But, I do think you have a grudge against the rep or Tarte. Maybe the shade selection? .IDK..But, don't say you know..when you really don't. PEACE.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sad to see all these unkind comments about the Tarte rep, Jenn, but we see that a lot here. The same people critcize Josie Maran and Jamie Kern Lima, while talking about how Caroline Gracie and Jane Treacy look great; that tells me what the persons critiquing the presenters must look like. Woman LOL 

What I did not like about this TSV was the fact that they already had this palette in a recent TSV (I have it) and the lipstick shade is so light that it looks horrible on just about everyone. Why would they include the same eye palette again in another TSV?? Makes no sense!! 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is why I believe these are old things..I have seen in one or 2 sets (also) at Sephora and for single purchase. The foundation bottles tops have also changed. I never purchased the palette because it seemed to dark for my complexion. If, they have something they want to sell, they should at least add something new for people to want to purchase the set..It was a total pass for me because of it.

Honored Contributor

There was nothing Goth to me at all about the Tarte vendor.  She has darker hair and very fair skin.  Her make-up wasn't the typical goth look at all.

However, I wasn't really a fan of her presentations. She was very valley girl and that was a turn-off to me.