Honored Contributor

TARTE VENDOR’S FOUNDATION?

[ Edited ]

I know foundation shades & the Tarte vendor, Jen,  is wearing a foundation lighter than the lightest TSV shade offered. The Mortia look w/ overly black hair, little or no blush...not becoming when promoting makeup.

***If you watch the TSV, although it’s said to be full face and great price, the rest of the show is concealer, blush, etc. which puts the full face well over $150.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TARTE VENDOR’S FOUNDATION?

Is that the one with the long black hair that was on earlier that had the tatoos running down her inner arm? If so Morticia popped into my head too.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Is that the one with the long black hair that was on earlier that had the tatoos running down her inner arm? If so Morticia popped into my head too.

@shaggygirl   Did not see tats, but long black hair and white skin. I always advise clients, in a dept. store when choosing a makeup artist for a makeover, to look for an artist with the look they’d like to emulate. The Tarte vendor? Uh, no.

Valued Contributor

I love how Jen from Tarte applies her makeup! She can totally go from daytime to instant evening glam. I'm super fair just like her, so I love to see what colors she uses to create a look.

Honored Contributor

@MandyG06 wrote:

I love how Jen from Tarte applies her makeup! She can totally go from daytime to instant evening glam. I'm super fair just like her, so I love to see what colors she uses to create a look.

@MandyG06  I have the same fair complexion, too.

Esteemed Contributor

Vendors do play into how a company presents its self. I am not a fan of her look but I am older and they are probably going for the younger women. I am okay with that. My issue is the goofy things she says.  Being young is okay being immature is a no no.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I tuned out as soon as they said, "don't stress over the foundation shade".

Moving along..............

Super Contributor

She put blush on last night and it looked soooo streaky and clowny.  I was like no Ma'am.  I liked Leigh better when she was the rep.  I know she is with Doll 10 now. I don't care for their foundations and mascara and the eyeshadows look ho hum so I probably will not watch any more shows today

Respected Contributor

@Nancy Drew 

Exactly what you said: 

"Vendors do play into how a company presents its self."

And didn't I read a previous post where somebody stated that Tarte is overhauling their products and image, and will be offering new make up and skin care, targeted to younger folks ?

That explains why the TSV includes items that have been available for a long time - they are getting rid of the old (products and customers), and then in with the new (products and customers)

Respected Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

@Nancy Drew 

Exactly what you said: 

"Vendors do play into how a company presents its self."

And didn't I read a previous post where somebody stated that Tarte is overhauling their products and image, and will be offering new make up and skin care, targeted to younger folks ?

That explains why the TSV includes items that have been available for a long time - they are getting rid of the old (products and customers), and then in with the new (products and customers)

This what Estee Lauder did to Bobbi Brown and I have pretty much abandoned BB  for most of my color cosmetics.

Try finding a face over 14 yo on that site now.