Honored Contributor

Trying to decide about this TSV for myself...not gift giving. Mascaras are good. Eyebrow pencils, meh? Eye shadow palettes, can't decide if different enough from other Tarte palettes. 

Anyone purchasing and why?

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Shanus - the only thing worthwhile to me are the mascaras.  I tried the last two TSV's from Tarte and were rather disappointed with the shadow palettes - very ordinary.  And one of them was scented which I found very off putting.  

It would be a great value if you intended to use them as gift gifting, otherwise it's a pass for me.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Some things are easy passes for me -  pretty much everything in make-up kits now fits into that category.  I swear I have enough brow pencils for the rest of my life (really, how long will I be using one?) and anything else near my eyes is just plain scary.  

We're headed to the end of 2019 and I can't think of a single dollar I spent on make-up!  YES!!!!   I do need to toss almost all the lipstick in my house,  but I'll do that after the holidays and buy just lipstick.  Even though some would be horrified, but I'll buy whatever I find that I love - after all, I expect a tubes of lipstick will be my only make-up purchases over a period of 2 years.  Nothing is ever going to fix my eyes for pretty shadows and liners and mascara,Robot Sad

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ShanusSome things are easy passes for me -  pretty much everything in make-up kits now fits into that category.  I swear I have enough brow pencils for the rest of my life (really, how long will I be using one?) and anything else near my eyes is just plain scary.  

We're headed to the end of 2019 and I can't think of a single dollar I spent on make-up!  YES!!!!   I do need to toss almost all the lipstick in my house,  but I'll do that after the holidays and buy just lipstick.  Even though some would be horrified, but I'll buy whatever I find that I love - after all, I expect a tubes of lipstick will be my only make-up purchases over a period of 2 years.  Nothing is ever going to fix my eyes for pretty shadows and liners and mascara,Robot Sad

@millieshops   Any makeup on eyes scary? Even just a tinted shadow primer to lighten the area does wonders.

Valued Contributor

I'm ordering...love tarte...love the shadows and mascara, need the eyebrow pencils, and plan to gift the lipglosses to my 15 year old niece.  

Honored Contributor

@ShanusTY -  When I go to search out new lipstick, I can have whoever at the make-up counter show me a tinted primer.

Given my daily fight with my dry eyes (along with various surgeries for other eye issues), I've just backed away from the eye make-up. I virtually never leave the house without supplementing my thinning brows, but it would be interesting to see if I can tolerate a bit more.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ShanusTY -  When I go to search out new lipstick, I can have whoever at the make-up counter show me a tinted primer.

Given my daily fight with my dry eyes (along with various surgeries for other eye issues), I've just backed away from the eye make-up. I virtually never leave the house without supplementing my thinning brows, but it would be interesting to see if I can tolerate a bit more.

@millieshops   Sorry you're dealing with eye issues. My DD has dry eyes at 47 and has to use drops at regular intervals...quite young to be annoyed with that. I find that if primer, concealer are kept away from the inner eye (tear duct), sometimes it isn't a problem. Many women find that lipstick, brows, lightening the eye area is really a "lift". You may want to try w/ a "clean beauty" or hypoallergenic product. Good luck and Happy Holidays!

Honored Contributor

Easy pass for me.  The shadows all look so close, just variations on the same color.  I don't use eyebrow pencils.  I used to use their Lights, Camera, Lashes, but it flaked on me so went back to Lancome.  The biggest draw for me in Tarte is their blushes. I go back and forth between a rose colored Tarte blush and Nars Org@sm depending on what I'm wearing.  

Honored Contributor

@ShanusAgain, thanks for the info which I just added to my notes.

Hate hearing your daughter has to treat already for dry eye, but I'm so glad she is.  I was in my 50's before  doctor tested me and by that time I was already well under 50% of proper levels in both eyes. 

Dry eye.  Sounds innocent enough.  It can be, but if it progresses as mine has, it means not only hours lost to discomfort (even pain sometimes) and worst of all, loss of acute vision as I age.  

Sure, I'd still like to look as good as I can, but vanity sometimes has to sit in the back row!  One more thing about aging no one warns us about!

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking, by the packaging and the way it's being promoted, this TSV is meant for gift giving.

With Holidays a week away, will it arrive in time?