Honored Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers - Are you serious???

@fritzee wrote:

Hey....I still have her Thigh Master

I had one of those..it worked the inner thigh muscles, but I sometimes had bruises from it.   There are better ways to work those muscles on home exercise equipment these days.  But kudos to her for finding a way back in the day...

Regular Contributor

Junk science. It's sad that anyone follows her dangerous advice. She's an advocate for her own pocketbook.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LinaL wrote:

Junk science. It's sad that anyone follows her dangerous advice. She's an advocate for her own pocketbook.

I would totally disagree.  She does not offer junk science.

Do your own research.   You will discover much of what she states is true.

If you think most physicians know about vitamins, supplements  health, nutrition, anti aging, etc...you are wrong.   The majority  know very little--with some exceptions. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Contributor

Winamac, I totally agree with you! If people would do a little research they would see that much of what she is saying, and has been saying, for years is true! 

Honored Contributor

@out of control wrote:

Winamac, I totally agree with you! If people would do a little research they would see that much of what she is saying, and has been saying, for years is true! 

One thing one should know by now about Suzanne Somers, she is no dummy.  She does her research.

Trusted Contributor

@MW in Iowa  I was wondering too about her skin color.  Natural or a faux tan, not flattering. 

Honored Contributor

@LinaL wrote:

@LinaL, thank you for saying this. It always amazes me that people so often disparage modern medicine and science yet put their faith in people who exclaim their own expertise based on whatever seems to help them sell the most.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@LinaL wrote:

@LinaL, thank you for saying this. It always amazes me that people so often disparage modern medicine and science yet put their faith in people who exclaim their own expertise based on whatever seems to help them sell the most.

Hi Suzy.

I certainly don't disparage modern science.  I'm in biotech sales.  I just know from 23 years of experience, many physicians don't know a whole heck of a lot about diet, nutrition, minerals supplements, etc.  OBGYN's, of course, know about hormones, but even then...many jump too quickly to premarin without even considering the possibility of a woman wanting bioidenticals.

I believe in both modern medicine and some holistic/alternative medicine.  

Many of the clinicians I call on eat terribly and are not in good shape.  They recommend a one a day vitamin and not much else.  They need to become better educated (at least some of them do).  I think Suzanne is educated on much of what I'm speaking about.

By the way, have a great weekend.

Occasional Contributor

Winamac- I agree with everything you said!!!!

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@LinaL wrote:

Hi Suzy.

I certainly don't disparage modern science.  I'm in biotech sales.  I just know from 23 years of experience, many physicians don't know a whole heck of a lot about diet, nutrition, minerals supplements, etc.  OBGYN's, of course, know about hormones, but even then...many jump too quickly to premarin without even considering the possibility of a woman wanting bioidenticals.

I believe in both modern medicine and some holistic/alternative medicine.  

Many of the clinicians I call on eat terribly and are not in good shape.  They recommend a one a day vitamin and not much else.  They need to become better educated (at least some of them do).  I think Suzanne is educated on much of what I'm speaking about.

By the way, have a great weekend.

@winamac1, sometimes we just have to agree to disagree. S'okay. You have a great weekend as well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland