Occasional Contributor
It seems I use one product from one skin care line, another product from another line. I feel my skin looks bad. I would like skin care products from the same skin care line, as I feel I would have better results. I am 70 with dry skin, uneven skill tone. I just started to get somd acne cysts
Valued Contributor

Re: Suggestion for shin care

@WI CUSTOMER   I have dry skin also. This has made a huge difference and it's cheap and natural. I rotate nights of using a thin layer of  organic cold pressed argon oil and the next night castor oil. Both from Amazon.  Skin is so smooth and moisturized.  The castor oil has tons of benefits - even rub a few drops in your belly button. 

Valued Contributor

IMG_0177.jpeg

Valued Contributor

IMG_0178.jpeg

Honored Contributor

You might want to check out Paula's Choice online. They sell lots of products for various skin care types and concerns. They also sell kits. You can try samples of products too. I have used some of their products with good results. Finding skin care that works involves a lot of trial and error. Good luck. 

Honored Contributor

@simplyfriends wrote:

@WI CUSTOMER   I have dry skin also. This has made a huge difference and it's cheap and natural. I rotate nights of using a thin layer of  organic cold pressed argon oil and the next night castor oil. Both from Amazon.  Skin is so smooth and moisturized.  The castor oil has tons of benefits - even rub a few drops in your belly button. 

Man Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

About that whole castor oil craze....like grandma used to give you..

Anything rubbed onto your skin, including your belly button gets absorbed into the body. Castor oil can have laxative effects so try it on days you are home and close to the potty. 😉

For minor skin erruptions, I went back to using Noxzema. Just like I did as a teen. Still has great healing properties.

Respected Contributor

I use Tatcha products. They can be a bit pricey, but between their website and Sephora you can get a mini size in a lot of their products. I would try one new product at a time and not try to do too many at once. Try finding a good cleanser for dry skin first and go on from there.

Respected Contributor

@WI CUSTOMER wrote:
It seems I use one product from one skin care line, another product from another line. I feel my skin looks bad. I would like skin care products from the same skin care line, as I feel I would have better results. I am 70 with dry skin, uneven skill tone. I just started to get somd acne cysts

I've been using Philosophy Purity for many years now.  I've tried others (drug store brands) but always go back to Purity.  For me, I like how it gets all the dirt and make up off my skin without drying it out and make my skin feel soft.  I use Cera Ve Am & Pm moisturizer for a couple of years now and it's worked very well for me.  I especially like the AM because it provides some sunscreen.  I also like the Cera Ve vitamin C.  When I went thru "the change" I had bad acne.  I used:  PanOxyl face wash, Differin Gel and Hero Pimple Patches.  All worked very well for me.  I have done the one skin care line.  Clinque and Philosophy to name a few.  But it's a lot of trial and era and not everything in one line worked well for me.

Respected Contributor

I love the Elemis skincare line.  I find their entire line wonderful and very effective.