Honored Contributor

StriVectin Neck Results

[ Edited ]

A friend of mine purchased the StriVectin Tightening Neck Serum Roller and Neck Cream. She followed the instructions and even watched the online QVC video. However, her chest became quite red and blotchy afterwards, for a full day and night.

Before sending it back she has asked me to try it. I'm a Perricone Sub-D neck product user, but said I would give it a try to see if it was just her or the product. I had the same results. Chest got very red and blotchy, and in my case I had a little burning sensation. It's almost as though the product is too strong.

We both used the serum roller first and then put on the neck cream, which is what the vendor said to do for best results; otherwise, you can just use the roller in the morning and the neck cream at night.

Anyone else using either or both of these products and getting the same experience as we did? The reviews on the product page seem to be mostly positive, so we are at a loss why we experienced what we did. By the way, we are entirely different skin types and we have a 20-year age difference.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. 

Respected Contributor

I use Strivectin Neck Cream and don't experience any of the effects you mentioned. 

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

I use Strivectin Neck Cream and don't experience any of the effects you mentioned. 

Do you use one right after the other? Or are you using the roller in the morning and the cream in the afternoon? Am thinking that is what we did wrong. Perhaps it was too much at one time. She wants to keep it because of the reviews.

Contributor

neck cream without the roller usually once a day and have had no probllems. I have a lot of skin cancer so have to be checked out every six months and i asked him what was the best cream without going for surgical etc. He said without a doubt StriVectin. so i have been using that both day and night cream

Honored Contributor

@bigbaglady wrote:

neck cream without the roller usually once a day and have had no probllems. I have a lot of skin cancer so have to be checked out every six months and i asked him what was the best cream without going for surgical etc. He said without a doubt StriVectin. so i have been using that both day and night cream

WOW! That's high praise from a doctor. Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

I don't have a problem using it, but I've heard of people having allergic reactions to the neck cream.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Valued Contributor

For a while now, have been using the serum neck roller most mornings and evenings and haven't had a problem.  I really like using the roller....feels good and like I'm actually doing something worthwhile.  I've always considered my skin sensitive, but no problems so far with this serum.

Honored Contributor

@morganjen wrote:

I don't have a problem using it, but I've heard of people having allergic reactions to the neck cream.

Hmmmmm.....that may be the problem. Strange that both of us could have that same reaction, but very possible. Thanks!

Contributor

World Traveler, I have taken a niacin supplement, which is in many of the Strivectin products.  It makes many people flush, since it increases circulation.  My guess is that is what you are experiencing.

Here is the link to the Strivectin website where Nia 114 is explained.

Cathy

P.S. I have had excellent results with the Strivectin Advanced Neck Cream.

Esteemed Contributor

Darn!  When I saw the title of this thread, I got excited because my neck is recovering from a severe allergic reaction to residue on a hospital towel.  The last thing my neck needs now is something that might flare the situation.  Darn, darn.